• 12 Jul 2020 - 22:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Fansubs...  (Read 21089 times)

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
Re: Fansubs...
« Reply #30 on: 30 Apr 2008 - 16:37 »

http://rapidshare.com/files/111539342/MarchandAprilSubs.rar.html

English subtitles for:

I Ragazzi Della Roma Violenta
Ciak Si Muore
La Morte Scende Leggera
L'Arma, L'Ora, Il Movente
Io Ho Paura
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #31 on: 30 Apr 2008 - 18:34 »

Absolute legend mate!  :P

Thanks so much Django!!

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #32 on: 05 Aug 2008 - 19:26 »

Thanks for the kind words folks, I particularly appreciate the comment Camille Keaton... classic!

In case anyone is wondering, I'm on hiatus at the moment. I'll be back to subbing in early September when I get back to Italy....

All of the following have been started and are in various stages of progress...

How We Robbed the Bank of Italy (early Fulci comedy, I managed to record a crisp letterboxed satellite broadcast of this amusing Franco and Ciccio flick just before I left... this one is actually finished but I need to go back over it and fill in some gaps)

Giarrettiera Colt (a spaghetti western that hasn't seen an English dub/sub... about half way done)

No, Il Caso e Felicemente Risolto (No, the case is happily resolved) The pick of the bunch and one of the best films I've seen this year... This one is finished; I tried to upload this over at the torrent site but my first attempt ended in predictable failure. Look out for this popping up soon as I'll have a proper go at uploading it over the next few days... fingers crossed!)

Also, does anyone have any comments on my translation of the title... Literally it IS 'No, the case is happily resolved', but I think it reads better as 'No, the case is 'satisfactorily' resolved' ... or... as my bro suggests 'No, the case is closed'. Thoughts on this would be appreciated as I still need to decide on the final title.

Uccidete il Vitello Grasso e Arrostitelo (Kill the fatted calf and roast it/ or.. Kill and roast the fatted calf (?) 40% done... Not much to say about this oddity, I still haven't seen the end yet!

La Malavita Attacca La Polizia Risponde (Requested by Jonny, about 25% done... )

and... finally... Il Commissario di Ferro (also at around 25%..) another request from here.

Like I said, I've not actually done much for a few weeks now... I've got too much to sort out here to take the time out, but when I get back to Italy I should have more time available to finish them.
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #33 on: 05 Aug 2008 - 20:09 »

Giarrettiera Colt (a spaghetti western that hasn't seen an English dub/sub... about half way done)

Sounds interesting ::)

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Rogerio Ferraz

« Reply #34 on: 05 Aug 2008 - 20:20 »

Also, does anyone have any comments on my translation of the title... Literally it IS 'No, the case is happily resolved', but I think it reads better as 'No, the case is 'satisfactorily' resolved' ... or... as my bro suggests 'No, the case is closed'. Thoughts on this would be appreciated as I still need to decide on the final title.
Django, how about 'No, the case is 'successfully' resolved'? 

drmiaow

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #35 on: 05 Aug 2008 - 20:21 »

Fascinating to hear what you're working on DjangoLi... KILL THE FATTED CALF, especially. I've never seen it but I've often wondered about that one. Odd title!

As for No, Il Caso e Felicemente Risolto (No, the case is happily resolved), it's a knotty one. Your brother's translation (No, The Case Is Closed) is good but it doesn't really put across that it's satisfactorily resolved. Maybe something along the lines of 'No, The Case Is Resolved To Our Satisfaction'? But that's a bit awkward and not totally accurate (our)...

Pollanet

« Reply #36 on: 05 Aug 2008 - 20:46 »

hum... if you need help for some fansub from italian... don't hesitate to ask me even if my english is not the best  :P

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #37 on: 05 Aug 2008 - 20:50 »

Django, how about 'No, the case is 'successfully' resolved'? 
I think this is the nearest to a direct translation,almost sure it never had an English dub either.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #38 on: 05 Aug 2008 - 21:00 »

Stephen has it... I'll go with 'No, the case is successfully resolved'. It seems to meet all the suggestions somewhere in the middle.

Cheers for the input.  ;)

Pollanett, thanks for your generous offer, there's definetely a few lines in some films I'd like your opinion on. Grazie!

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #39 on: 05 Aug 2008 - 21:04 »

It's a superb film as well esp. the opening 10 minutes,can see this becoming a fan favorite when the subbed edition starts doing the rounds  ;)

Pollanet

« Reply #40 on: 05 Aug 2008 - 21:44 »

Stephen has it... I'll go with 'No, the case is successfully resolved'. It seems to meet all the suggestions somewhere in the middle.

Cheers for the input.  ;)

Pollanett, thanks for your generous offer, there's definetely a few lines in some films I'd like your opinion on. Grazie!

yes, I agree that 'No, the case is successfully resolved' is the better translation... letterally 'felice' stands for happy but I think it's only an italian way to say

zykl0nb

« Reply #41 on: 06 Aug 2008 - 03:34 »

Keep up the good work!

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #42 on: 06 Aug 2008 - 09:31 »

In my excitement last night I got it wrong... Hey, it was quite late!

Thanks to Roger, Stephen and Pollanett - the title I went for was: No, The Case is Successfully Resolved

This is currently being shared over at the torrent site, unfortunately, I got it wrong with the title soooo.....

Here are the (3rd) and final set of subs with the title agreed upon here. (I'll change it over there too..)

EDIT 16:14 GMT - 4th time lucky, I made a stack more corrections and have attached the final (final) (final!) subs now... please discard any other sets of subs for this film. I made at least 30+ changes...

Rogerio Ferraz

« Reply #43 on: 06 Aug 2008 - 15:25 »

Thanks again, mate!!!  ;)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #44 on: 06 Aug 2008 - 15:26 »

EDIT 16:14 GMT - 4th time lucky, I made a stack more corrections and have attached the final (final) (final!) subs now... please discard any other sets of subs for this film. I made at least 30+ changes...

Nice one amigo! Great work, the effort is really appreciated.  :'(
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 34 queries.