• 26 Nov 2020 - 17:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In Bruges (Martin McDonagh, 2007)  (Read 2022 times)

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
In Bruges (Martin McDonagh, 2007)
« on: 20 Apr 2008 - 20:12 »

I went to see this little gem today - Farrell hasn't been as good as seen here since he made his American breakthrough film, TIGERLAND and Brendan Gleeson is a revelation in his role; the pair play a couple of hitmen sent by their gangland boss (Ralph Fiennes, also great) to the eponymous Belgian town to lay low. Very simple set-up: Gleeson plays the older and wiser of the two, quite happy to roam the streets of the picturesque Medieval town, whereas Farrell playing up to a stereotype of the younger, easily bored fella that would rather go on the prowl for birds and get out of his mind on booze and illegal substances.

I shan’t say any more than that; to do so would give too much away. I will say that it’s brilliantly written and at times very, very funny.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
Re: In Bruges (Martin McDonagh, 2007)
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2008 - 15:01 »

I am no fan of Farrell but I love Bruges and would like to see how they use the setting in this film. 

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: In Bruges (Martin McDonagh, 2007)
« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2008 - 15:02 »

I'm no fan of Farrell, neither, but he's good in this, honest! The town looks great and plays a significant part in the story...
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 21 queries.