• 16 Apr 2021 - 07:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ken Russell  (Read 5950 times)

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton
Re: Ken Russell
« Reply #15 on: 14 Nov 2009 - 17:17 »

Off to see The Devils tonight with Russell in attendance  ::) What's more it's showing in Keswick where Ken ived for many years and where parts of The Devils, Mahler and Tommy among others where shot ! Should be a special night, hope i can get some stuff signed by the legend himself  ;)

Interesting!

The Olympia Film Society is showing an uncut version of THE DEVILS tonight followed by a 3D version of FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN.  Udo Kier will be in attendance for the latter.  :-X
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #16 on: 16 Nov 2009 - 09:09 »

So how was it guys?

Did you get to meet Ken and Udo? any pics?
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton
« Reply #17 on: 16 Nov 2009 - 09:26 »

So how was it guys?

Udo Kier was unable to attend, so instead he did a live web cam feed on the theatre screen before the film and he talked about the film, how he was cast and answered questions about the different directors (von Trier, Fassbender, etc.) he's worked with before.  He was very funny.
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #18 on: 16 Nov 2009 - 09:35 »

So how was it guys?

Udo Kier was unable to attend, so instead he did a live web cam feed on the theatre screen before the film and he talked about the film, how he was cast and answered questions about the different directors (von Trier, Fassbender, etc.) he's worked with before.  He was very funny.

Cool! I imagine he's the sort of guy that has many stories to tell.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Phill

« Reply #19 on: 16 Nov 2009 - 10:37 »

I watched Delius Song Of Summer introduced by Ken then afterward i managed to shake his hand and get all my dvd's signed and his autobiography which i first read at 13. Then watched The Devils which was the cut print sadly.

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton
« Reply #20 on: 16 Nov 2009 - 10:43 »

So how was it guys?

Cool! I imagine he's the sort of guy that has many stories to tell.

Oh, yeah.  He was hilarious.
SNAPORAZ!

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #21 on: 16 Nov 2009 - 10:51 »

I watched Delius Song Of Summer introduced by Ken then afterward i managed to shake his hand and get all my dvd's signed and his autobiography which i first read at 13. Then watched The Devils which was the cut print sadly.

Cool! I bet he's a really nice guy.

I've a signed copy of Tommy, but I've never met him. Managed to buy is signed. Definitely authentic though.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.