• 25 Jun 2019 - 08:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cassandra's Dream (Woody Allen, 2007)  (Read 1676 times)

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Cassandra's Dream (Woody Allen, 2007)
« on: 02 May 2008 - 09:21 »

Not too sure what to expect from Allen's third London-set film, following on from the excellent MATCH POINT and the rather mediocre SCOOP. Here's the press release, it's due in UK cinemas June:

Set in contemporary London, CASSANDRA’S DREAM is a powerful and thrilling story about two brothers (EWAN McGREGOR , COLIN FARRELL) who are desperate to better their troubled lives.

One is a chronic gambler in debt over his head, and the other is a young man in love with a beautiful actress (newcomer Hayley Atwell) he has recently met. Their lives gradually become entangled into a sinister situation with intense and unfortunate results.

Written and directed by Academy Award winner Woody Allen, the film also stars Tom Wilkinson and Sally Hawkins. The score is by Phillip Glass and the cinematography by Vilmos Zsigmond.

Trailer:

Trailer
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

tigerheart76

Re: Cassandra's Dream (Woody Allen, 2007)
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2008 - 16:08 »

Not too sure what to expect from Allen's third London-set film, following on from the excellent MATCH POINT and the rather mediocre SCOOP. Here's the press release, it's due in UK cinemas June:

Set in contemporary London, CASSANDRA’S DREAM is a powerful and thrilling story about two brothers (EWAN McGREGOR , COLIN FARRELL) who are desperate to better their troubled lives.

One is a chronic gambler in debt over his head, and the other is a young man in love with a beautiful actress (newcomer Hayley Atwell) he has recently met. Their lives gradually become entangled into a sinister situation with intense and unfortunate results.

Written and directed by Academy Award winner Woody Allen, the film also stars Tom Wilkinson and Sally Hawkins. The score is by Phillip Glass and the cinematography by Vilmos Zsigmond.

The trailer put me off, to be honest - it gives the impression of a fairly gloomy, dour film. I like the pairing of McGregor and Farrell (the latter really seems to be coming back to form again) but that's about it. Is MATCH POINT any good? SCOOP looked intriguing but I don't remember seeing it out at the cinema anywhere...

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2008 - 08:51 »

I saw this the night before last and it's adequate but nothing special - my Lovelockandload review should appear on the front page soon...

In my review, I mention both MATCH POINT (excellent) and SCOOP (fun but forgettable, not released here in the UK so far, but available on R1 DVD).
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2008 - 15:32 »

My review is now up on the mainsite.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 1.022 seconds with 35 queries.