• 24 Nov 2020 - 13:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: British crime films  (Read 50456 times)

Dorado

Re: British crime films
« Reply #15 on: 27 Jul 2007 - 13:17 »

Sexy beast (Jonathan Glazer, 2000) is playing tonight on Danish television, and after the recommendations it has got in this thread I’m really looking forward to see it.

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #16 on: 27 Jul 2007 - 13:51 »

I love the 'quota quickie' MAN IN THE BACK SEAT (Vernon Sewell, 1961). Anyone else seen this one?
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #17 on: 28 Jul 2007 - 21:30 »

Sexy beast (Jonathan Glazer, 2000) is playing tonight on Danish television, and after the recommendations it has got in this thread I’m really looking forward to see it.
Sexy Beast is awesome, Ray winstone is excellent as always but in my eyes Ben Kingsley steals the show, you'll see what i mean when you see it

"I've got to change this shirt it's sticking to me, i'm sweating like a cunt!"

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #18 on: 28 Jul 2007 - 21:34 »

Has anybody seen "Robbery" with Stanley Baker directed by Peter Yates, superb 60's British crime film loosley based on the great train robbery.

Great film and deserves a dvd release.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #19 on: 28 Jul 2007 - 21:36 »

Has anybody seen "Robbery" with Stanley Baker directed by Peter Yates, superb 60's British crime film loosley based on the great train robbery.

Great film and deserves a dvd release.
Yeah great movie,funnily enough Stanley Baker was manger for Soho Rangers a football team in the 60's which featured Eddie Richardson,Frankie Fraser and a load of other assorted villians from the time.Imagine playing against them :) :)

Dorado

« Reply #20 on: 28 Jul 2007 - 21:40 »

Sexy Beast is awesome, Ray winstone is excellent as always but in my eyes Ben Kingsley steals the show, you'll see what i mean when you see it

"I've got to change this shirt it's sticking to me, i'm sweating like a cunt!"

I saw it yesterday and even though it was a good film I must say that I expected more.
There is too much swearing just for the sake of swearing in the film IMO, and not enough action.

The film is decent enough, but I have seen many better British crime films than this one.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #21 on: 28 Jul 2007 - 22:00 »

"The Business" is also a great Brithish crime film set in Spain

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #22 on: 29 Jul 2007 - 03:33 »

Talking of British crime films set in Spain - Stephen Frear's THE HIT--starring John Hurt, Terence Stamp and a very young Tim Roth--is also excellent and highly recommended.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Phill

« Reply #23 on: 09 Aug 2007 - 18:27 »

Talking of British crime films set in Spain - Stephen Frear's THE HIT--starring John Hurt, Terence Stamp and a very young Tim Roth--is also excellent and highly recommended.

I was lucky enough to see this on the big screen a few years ago and it is a brilliant film Comp. Think all my favourites have been mentioned, especially The Long Good Friday, The Squeeze and Sitting Target ( my mate bought me an original double bill poster last christmas of Sitting Target and The Gang That Couldn't shoot straight) another favourite is the Hammer Film Hell Is A City starring Stanley Baker and filmed on location in Manchester. Baker is a no shit cop in this well worth a purchase!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #24 on: 09 Aug 2007 - 21:57 »

...another favourite is the Hammer Film Hell Is A City starring Stanley Baker and filmed on location in Manchester. Baker is a no shit cop in this well worth a purchase!

'Hell is a City' is a cracking film, haven't seen it for about 15 years but I remember it being gritty as hell, quite violent for it's time aswell if I remember right, doesn't Stanley kick some geezer in the face a bit on some roof top chase? It's been a while...

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #25 on: 09 Aug 2007 - 22:02 »

I've got HELL IS A CITY - another one to get cracking and watch...

Was looking at the Optimum schedule today - they've got Sidney Hayers' PAYROLL coming out in November, along with two other Brit thrillers, though their names escape me - I shall report back with them tomorrow.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Phill

« Reply #26 on: 09 Aug 2007 - 22:06 »

PAYROLL is coming out? Get in ! Nice one Comp  ::) I know that NETWORK are releasing ALL Coppers Are Bastards on the 27th which is pre ordered. Let the Hayers revival begin  ;)

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #27 on: 09 Aug 2007 - 22:15 »

PAYROLL is coming out? Get in ! Nice one Comp  ::) I know that NETWORK are releasing ALL Coppers Are Bastards on the 27th which is pre ordered. Let the Hayers revival begin  ;)

Yeah, I've pre ordered ALL COPPERS ARE... too. I watched DEADLY STRANGERS last night - I have the US tape which is pretty poor, quality-wise, as one would expect. Someone needs to pick this up and release it!

OPTIMUM are reelasing some great titles, as are Network. It's such a shame that a cloud looms over DD - they had some really nice titles due for release. I'm really getting into my British films of the 50s and 60s.

Phill

« Reply #28 on: 09 Aug 2007 - 22:25 »

Haven't seen Deadly Strangers Comp ! As you can probably tell I've loved Brit 50's 60's films for a long time!

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #29 on: 09 Aug 2007 - 22:30 »

Haven't seen Deadly Strangers Comp ! As you can probably tell I've loved Brit 50's 60's films for a long time!

I've always dug them, just never got into watching them as I have right now. Another great film that needs a DVD release is Basil Dearden's SAPPHIRE. Marc seems to be under the impression that it's been released in Australia, but I've not managed to find one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.