• 24 Nov 2020 - 14:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: British crime films  (Read 50457 times)

Phill

Re: British crime films
« Reply #30 on: 09 Aug 2007 - 22:40 »

Haven't seen Deadly Strangers Comp ! As you can probably tell I've loved Brit 50's 60's films for a long time!

I've always dug them, just never got into watching them as I have right now. Another great film that needs a DVD release is Basil Dearden's SAPPHIRE. Marc seems to be under the impression that it's been released in Australia, but I've not managed to find one.

Mmmm me neither! I heard rumours from Mr Morris but I can't seem to find it anywhere as well. Just ordered the Hammer Noir sets though good value for money...

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #31 on: 09 Aug 2007 - 22:43 »

I took a look at  those Hammer noir sets on DVD Pacific - they're really cheap, eh? Trouble is, there's so much great stuff coming out at the moment. It's really funny because there had been an abundance f decent back catalogue releases for a good while before they dried up a year/18 months ago, with them slowlly trickling through. But just recently, there's been a real surge. I'm really pleased titles like O'LUCKY MAN and the remastered Kubricks are coming, but when you look at all the other stuff that's been slated for release between August and October, there's heaps...
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Phill

« Reply #32 on: 09 Aug 2007 - 22:56 »

The next couple of months look busy as far as British films are concerned mate, O'Lucky Man is pre ordered and is top of my priority list along with those midnite movies Brit Horrors etc... Still I can always sell me house and move into a three man tent with a portable dvd player  :-\ It pisses me off as much as the next man though how many great albeit obscure Brit flicks the majors won't release! THE SQUEEZE and SITTING TARGET especially in the brit crime genre are sorely underrated. I showed a mate Sitting Target recently and he was practicaly jumping out of the chair at how good it was!

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #33 on: 09 Aug 2007 - 22:59 »

I know, I know. SITTING TARGET is a classic of the highest order. Really good, gritty film and Reed is superb. I also liked identifying some of the locations that were used in the flick.

SQUEEZE I've not seen, though I believe I may have a copy knocking around somewhere.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Phill

« Reply #34 on: 09 Aug 2007 - 23:10 »

Haven't seen THE SQUEEZE for a couple of years myself Comp, but man you really should make the effort to dig it out of your collection and give it a go. I lost faith in ebay otherwise I'd buy a copy like a shot. Keach and Hemmings are superb in this, Hemmings being a particulary nasty cunt! And Keach playing a drunken cockney cop that's a performance you don't see every day.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #35 on: 10 Aug 2007 - 08:13 »

Haven't seen "The Squeeze", all i know of it is that a good few years ago someone was clutching one at a film fair and was going on and on about Freddie Starr being in it !!! What the fuck!

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #36 on: 10 Aug 2007 - 08:38 »

Haven't seen "The Squeeze", all i know of it is that a good few years ago someone was clutching one at a film fair and was going on and on about Freddie Starr being in it !!! What the fuck!

I've had two copies of the pre-cert and have never seen it.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #37 on: 10 Aug 2007 - 11:35 »

Brit Flicks due out from Optimum on 5th November:

PAYROLL/Promised To Pay (Sidney Hayers, 1961)
CHASE A CROOKED SHADOW (Michael Anderson, 1958)
FEAR IS THE KEY (Michael Tuchner, 1972)
THE LONG ARM (Charles Frend, 1956)

fdsmedia

« Reply #38 on: 29 Aug 2007 - 13:19 »

Fans of Sidney Hayers might be interested to know that Optimum in the UK will release the film PAYROLL on November 5.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #39 on: 29 Aug 2007 - 16:24 »

We know. Paul said just above you.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

fdsmedia

« Reply #40 on: 29 Aug 2007 - 23:11 »

Oops how ignorant of me...  >:(

Anyway, looking forward to all those crime titles, hopefully someone will release DEADLY STRANGERS too!

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #41 on: 30 Aug 2007 - 08:13 »

Oops how ignorant of me...  >:(

Anyway, looking forward to all those crime titles, hopefully someone will release DEADLY STRANGERS too!

If you can play NTSC VHS, the US tape [on the Paragon Label] often crops up on eBay and Amazon Marketplace  :-X

fdsmedia

« Reply #42 on: 04 Sep 2007 - 07:22 »

Unfortunately, PAYROLL has been delayed until February 11th, 2008.  :-[

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #43 on: 04 Sep 2007 - 09:48 »

Last night I watched Sidney Hayers' DIAGNOSIS: MURDER (1974). I strongly suggest seeking out the US release of this one. It's a taught little murder mystery with a stellar cast (Christopher Lee, Judy Geeson, Jon Finch).

imdb: user comments
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #44 on: 04 Sep 2007 - 10:03 »

Last night I watched Sidney Hayers' DIAGNOSIS: MURDER (1974). I strongly suggest seeking out the US release of this one. It's a taught little murder mystery with a stellar cast (Christopher Lee, Judy Geeson, Jon Finch).

imdb: user comments

Can you enlighten us about the US release, mate? Is this a poor-qaulity PD DVD or VHS release you're referring to?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 21 queries.