• 18 Nov 2018 - 10:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: From Corleone to Brooklyn / Da Corleone a Brooklyn (Umberto Lenzi, 1979)  (Read 12804 times)

JoseADiego

• Special Cop In Action

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

I hadn't seen this before seeing the fan dub - I'd always been put off by a comment Tanzi made years ago, when he mentioned it wasn't wanywhere near as good as the other Lenzi/Merli collaborations. I have to disagree.
I never said it was shit though did i, i think it's a great film but i think the other ones are better.

don't blame me for not watching it :D

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

TEENAGER SIND NACKT

Watched this this morning for the first time and I loved it.  Awesome soundtrack too - definitely picking up that CD soon.   Let's set up some kind of voodoo shrine in hopes for a widescreen DVD release

Nuno

• One Just Man

Original Portuguese 1st Edition VHS(Specimen Sleeve).
Video Label: Transcaribe Video
Release Year: 1988

More Pics: http://nuno-dvdcollection.blogspot.com/2011/12/from-corleone-to-brooklyn-1979.html

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato

New Cinekult DVD on the way in March... no English options but fingers crossed for a decent OAR print. Here's the link: http://www.kultvideo.com/articles/ArticleSheet.aspx/aid12328aid-DVD-Da-Corleone-a-Brooklyn-06-03-
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

New Cinekult DVD on the way in March... no English options but fingers crossed for a decent OAR print. Here's the link: http://www.kultvideo.com/articles/ArticleSheet.aspx/aid12328aid-DVD-Da-Corleone-a-Brooklyn-06-03-

Lists an interview as an extra feature, does anyone know if there is actually one on the disc? And if so who is interviewed?
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Renato

• One Just Man

Lists an interview as an extra feature, does anyone know if there is actually one on the disc? And if so who is interviewed?

Umberto Lenzi and Biagio Pelligra, Pelligra only in audio (on the telephone...)

Renato

• One Just Man

And by the way the video quality of the cinekult dvd is really poor in my opinion:

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

I was recently sent a fan dub of this and agree with Renato that it doesn't look particularly great but it's better than what we've had before. It appears that most Italian DVD labels aren't doing much restoration these days. Perhaps they can't warrant the cost?

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Umberto Lenzi and Biagio Pelligra, Pelligra only in audio (on the telephone...)

Thanks Renato! And thanks for the update on the image quality.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Renato

• One Just Man

(...) It appears that most Italian DVD labels aren't doing much restoration these days. Perhaps they can't warrant the cost?
Yeah... or so they say.

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.

I was recently sent a fan dub of this recently and agree with Renato that it doesn't look particularly great but it's better than what we've had before. It appears that most Italian DVD labels aren't doing much restoration these days. Perhaps they can't warrant the cost?

Most of them don't have English, so I guess outside of IT, most folks stay clear. I know that unless it is super cheap then I will not buy.
Dig that groove baby.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

I'm watching the old fandub from the TV broadcast now and even though it looks good I'd say the grabs Renato posted from the Cine Kult DVD look slightly better so it's at least a marginal upgrade in that respect.

fenriz

• Special Cop In Action

Also have the fandub, picture is not perfect but much better than the tvrip!

Jamie

• Almost Human

I was wondering if anyone made English subs to go along with the Italian DVD?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.364 seconds with 20 queries.