• 06 Jul 2020 - 09:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikos Nikolaidis dies at the age of 68  (Read 2559 times)

vigilanteforce

Nikos Nikolaidis dies at the age of 68
« on: 07 Sep 2007 - 16:09 »

Some of you may be familiar with the director of SINGAPORE SLING which was released on DVD by Synapse films. Its sad to report his passing- I never liked his work but he was definitely one of the most important Greek filmmakers of all times. He had stated he would quit making movies after his final film THE ZERO YEARS (2005).

Here is a trailer for his film MORNING PATROL.

Rest in peace.

EDIT: SINGAPORE SLING trailer:

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Nikos Nikolaidis dies at the age of 68
« Reply #1 on: 08 Sep 2007 - 16:40 »

I feel bad that I've never heard of this guy or his films  :(

Sad when anyone dies though.

RIP
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

vigilanteforce

« Reply #2 on: 08 Sep 2007 - 16:50 »

SINGAPORE SLING is the best way to get to know him- the DVD is out on Synapse and looks fantastic. It is one of the few Greek films that managed to get a worldwide cult following and that means something. If what you see in the trailer looks interesting, I suggest you give it a try Johny. Like I said, I wasn't into his stuff (although I have most of his movies) but there's no doubt he was one of the most important Greek directors.

Richard C

« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2007 - 12:25 »

SINGAPORE SLING is the best way to get to know him- the DVD is out on Synapse and looks fantastic. It is one of the few Greek films that managed to get a worldwide cult following and that means something. If what you see in the trailer looks interesting, I suggest you give it a try Johny. Like I said, I wasn't into his stuff (although I have most of his movies) but there's no doubt he was one of the most important Greek directors.
I've got this but haven't watched it yet. Sad to hear about his death.

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton
« Reply #4 on: 08 Jun 2008 - 10:39 »

I think SINGAPORE SLING is a great, deranged, completely disturbing film.  ;)  Imagine David Lynch directing Otto Preminger's LAURA.  Beter yet, imagine Nikolaidis directing LAURA, since the film is surreal rethinking, retooling, re-something or other of that great Film Noir.  If you like directors like Jodorowsky, Lynch, Arrabal, Bunuel, Tsukamoto, Roeg, etc.  This is your cup of tea.  Drink it!  :P
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 38 queries.