• 09 Jul 2020 - 05:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VHS collectors?  (Read 3334 times)

gialloboy

VHS collectors?
« on: 10 Jun 2008 - 08:15 »

Hi guys,

I just wonder, are there still members on this forum who still actively collect VHS???

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: VHS collectors?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2008 - 08:21 »

Yes, there's a few of us on here that still buy VHS, I personally go for Euro Crime / Cop movies.

There's a thread featuring lots of the sleeves from our collections at this link...

http://www.lovelockandload.net/forum/index.php?topic=1000.0
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2008 - 08:24 »

I've got less than 40 VHS tapes left. Have a nice couple of bits, but nothing that's worth stacks.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2008 - 12:17 »

I value my videos more than my DVD's. It's a little like the vinyl vs downloading debate - videos often look better (certainly pre-certs that use decent poster art for covers) and are more 'substantial' than a little AVI in a folder or a bare bones DVD release. I'm not totally insane though and if a decent DVD release comes out I'll get rid of the VHS in a flash (providing it's not worth someting or on a rare label). At a guess I've roughly about 800-850 videos left and I'd say that a third of those are irreplaceable.
However, I'll be moving abroad later this year and have to make the decision as to whether to put them into storage or go on an eBay frenzy and just off load the majority of them.

MarcMorris

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2008 - 13:03 »

I started to sell mine off some time ago. If the price is right, out it goes.

It's coming to the point now where buying brand new VHS decks is getting very difficult, so I'm worried that my tape collection will one day be worthless if none of it can be played.
Nucleus Films
DVD Releasing & DVD Extras Production

Cult Movie Forums | YouTube channel | My Movie Archive

gialloboy

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2008 - 13:16 »

Luca Canali - if you want to sell any of yours send me a PM!  :D

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #6 on: 10 Jun 2008 - 19:32 »

If it comes down to it I'll let you know mate. I do sell my tapes from time to time on eBay but none of the rarer stuff. As Marc says, my only concern is the gradual phasing out of VHS players. Most stores only stock the DVD/VHS combi players which I don't really like.

VogNyhmn

« Reply #7 on: 16 Jun 2008 - 23:51 »

I collect VHS. Not as buying stuff online. I do love to wipe flea markets and the like clean of any "outside the norm" titles.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 35 queries.