• 08 Dec 2019 - 00:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Arcana (Giulio Questi, 1972)  (Read 15309 times)

drmiaow

• Special Cop In Action
Arcana (Giulio Questi, 1972)
« on: 11 Jun 2008 - 21:36 »

Has anybody seen this promising-sounding follow-up to DEATH LAID AN EGG? By all accounts it circulates as a so-so copy, in Italian only. 

drmiaow

• Special Cop In Action
Re: Arcana (Giulio Questi, 1972)
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jul 2008 - 09:02 »

I just caught a post at AV Maniacs... ARCANA will be screened "...in the longer version never shown in public" at this year's Venice Film Festival (27 August - 6 September) as part of the series These Phantoms: Italian Cinema Rediscovered (1946 – 1975).

http://www.labiennale.org/en/news/cinema/en/79688.html

Andrew Monroe

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jul 2008 - 13:12 »

That same screening news is posted at Latarnia, along with a couple nice looking posters:

http://thelatarniaforums.yuku.com/topic/6179/t/Giulio-Questi-s-ARCANA.html

Probably best to take it with a grain of salt till we see it, but someone else there seems to think a dvd release in Italy is likely. I`d certainly like to see this one too.

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul 2008 - 13:23 »

Always wanted to see this. Sounds promising as films "rediscovered" at Venice have a habit of popping up afterwards on DVD. Fingers crossed...
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #4 on: 31 Jul 2008 - 13:30 »

That same screening news is posted at Latarnia, along with a couple nice looking posters:

http://thelatarniaforums.yuku.com/topic/6179/t/Giulio-Questi-s-ARCANA.html

Probably best to take it with a grain of salt till we see it, but someone else there seems to think a dvd release in Italy is likely. I`d certainly like to see this one too.

It would seem inevitable if they went through the expense of restoring it that they would want to recoup some of that with DVD sales.

Always wanted to see this. Sounds promising as films "rediscovered" at Venice have a habit of popping up afterwards on DVD. Fingers crossed...

Yeah, Fulvio Lucisano's productions were restored for the Venice film festival and then popped up on DVD with that little Venezia logo on the front cover as well as STRANO VIZIO DELLA SIGNORA WARDH.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #5 on: 08 Jul 2009 - 13:08 »

Managed to get myself a lbx copy of this recently from the 'Antenna Sud' tv broadcast (runtime 1h 24m) that doesn't look too bad,interesting little film which i thoroughly enjoyed but was quite different to DEATH LAID AN EGG and more supernatural horror than giallo,includes a very surreal scene of Lucia Bosé vomiting up live frogs that is simply unforgettable.Fingers crosssed we see a remastered dvd of this gem sometime soon,certainly more than deserves it.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #6 on: 08 Jul 2009 - 13:39 »

Sounds great Stephen. Like ecc said it seems logical to put this out on DVD soon seeing as the restoration was paid for.

Look forward to seeing it.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #7 on: 08 Jul 2009 - 18:08 »

...a very surreal scene of Lucia Bosé vomiting up live frogs that is simply unforgettable...
Sounds genius!!!! Wish they would hurry up and get this out on DVD.
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #8 on: 21 Oct 2009 - 16:59 »

There's a 112 minute version which has recently popped up. Fair quality at best but watchable.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #9 on: 21 Oct 2009 - 17:19 »

There's a 112 minute version which has recently popped up. Fair quality at best but watchable.
The TVR TeleItalia version?This shouldn't look too bad quality wise,is it from one of the torrent sites?

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #10 on: 21 Oct 2009 - 17:41 »

The TVR TeleItalia version?This shouldn't look too bad quality wise,is it from one of the torrent sites?

I'm afraid it is a torrent mate. The sat logo has been cropped so I can't confirm the source, it should finish DL'ing this evening so I'll be able to provide a little more info in due course.

Gary B.

« Reply #11 on: 21 Oct 2009 - 19:13 »

This is great news!  This film has been on my wantlist forever...my fingers are crossed as well for a proper DVD release.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #12 on: 21 Oct 2009 - 20:28 »

my fingers are crossed as well for a proper DVD release.
This and a cd of the wonderful soundtrack,the opening titles piece is something very special.

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #13 on: 21 Oct 2009 - 23:32 »

I'm afraid it is a torrent mate. The sat logo has been cropped so I can't confirm the source, it should finish DL'ing this evening so I'll be able to provide a little more info in due course.

I've just checked the print. Confirmed at 111:52 mins and appears to be uncut. I can also confirm that it's definitely the 'TVR TeleItalia' print. Bad news is that it's been encoded extremely badly and features some of the worst interlacing issues I've seen in a while which basically makes it quite unwatchable. If someone can manage to get their hands on a DVD-R of the broadcast and not the downgraded torrent, it'll definitely be watchable. Colours are faded and there's a blueish tint to the picture but I've got far far worse prints in my collection for sure.

drmiaow

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #14 on: 22 Oct 2009 - 09:19 »

I don't suppose there's a fansubbed version floating around somewhere?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 33 queries.