• 10 Dec 2019 - 17:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Arcana (Giulio Questi, 1972)  (Read 15327 times)

Stephen Grimes

Re: Arcana (Giulio Questi, 1972)
« Reply #15 on: 22 Oct 2009 - 09:49 »

I can also confirm that it's definitely the 'TVR TeleItalia' print.
Thanks for the confirmation,was starting to wonder if another different edition had appeared.

hipsterical

« Reply #16 on: 02 Dec 2009 - 20:28 »

Luca can you please tell me where to find the torrent ? i have 3 copies of arcana, none of which is complete, the less cut one scoring 103 minutes and missing 15 seconds, tvrip from tvr teleitalia. please, please, please, PLEASE.

p.s. mr. Questi is not only alive and kicking, he's on Facebook too with two entries (fanclub and personal page).

love all

hipsterical

« Reply #17 on: 13 Dec 2009 - 11:58 »

i am sorry to inform you all that this version of arcana isn't the longest in circulation. there is another file found on edonkey which is a longer tvr teleitalia tv recording, 1h42'40" , showing the entire rape scene before the end of the movie. the file is seeded incomplete, missing about 15"  from 53'33"  yet is remarkably more complete than this one. if the guy finally comes back online and completes the seeding  this is so far the longest arcana available. the full movie,  111 minutes, has been restored and is stored in the archives of the Cineteca Nazionale in Rome. maybe the copyright holders one day will decide to sell us a legitimate, director's cut, decent DVD edition.

13-13

« Reply #18 on: 28 Jul 2010 - 15:28 »

Hello, recently acquired a DVD-r of the 1hr 43 min version(without subs) and I have Hipserical's subs and I'm not entirely sure if it's syncing up right, these are the first subs to appear and it happens at 2.23 (all of this is according to VCL media player), not really done the whole adding fan subs thing before and a bit worried I'll screw it up.

Thanks guys!

bdc

« Reply #19 on: 17 Oct 2010 - 13:03 »

Just read that a 111 min version will be playing at the French film institute.
Italian language with French subs.
http://www.cinematheque.fr/fr/dans-salles/rendez-vous-reguliers/fiche-manifestation/cinema-bis-carte-blanche-stephane-derderian,11990.html

quidtum

• One Just Man
« Reply #20 on: 22 Oct 2010 - 12:55 »

Just read that a 111 min version will be playing at the French film institute.
Italian language with French subs.
http://www.cinematheque.fr/fr/dans-salles/rendez-vous-reguliers/fiche-manifestation/cinema-bis-carte-blanche-stephane-derderian,11990.html

That's the uncut version for sure, the print screened at the retrospective in Venice Questi fantasmi: Cinema italiano ritrovato (1946-1975) 65° Mostra Internazionale d'Arte Cinematografica (2008) ran for 109'
http://asac.labiennale.org/it/passpres/cinema/ava-ricerca.php?scheda=111898&nuova=1&Sidopus=111898&ret=%2Fit%2Fricerca%2Fricerca-persona.php%3Fp%3D385725%26c%3Df

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #21 on: 22 Oct 2010 - 15:18 »

I'll try my best to get to that! It's only 15/20 mins by metro from me.
Dig that groove baby.

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #22 on: 22 Oct 2010 - 15:38 »

geez, I really missed out on a lot of good films there!
In November they're showing two Corbuccis:

Giallo napoletano - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077611/
The Great Silence - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063032/

Dig that groove baby.

drmiaow

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #23 on: 10 Jan 2011 - 17:35 »

Courtesy of Ginny, I just watched the excellent 1hr 45mins widescreen fansubbed copy of ARCANA that seems to have appeared on torrent sites recently via C S C Roma (Centro Sperimentale Di Cinematografia) - that's the ident on screen, anyway. It was well worth waiting for.

A fairly straightforward story about a mother and son reading palms, telling fortunes and healing the sick rapidly becomes very dark and very surreal... mood-wise, it reminded me a lot of Cavallone's SPELL, with a little of THE WICKER MAN and ROSEMARY'S BABY's urban magic thrown in to the mix. Really good, and well worth watching.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #24 on: 21 Mar 2012 - 19:38 »

the main theme music shows up during the climax of THE GIRL IN ROOM 2A.

I've only seen the film in Italian.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #25 on: 21 Mar 2012 - 20:39 »

Courtesy of Ginny, I just watched the excellent 1hr 45mins widescreen fansubbed copy of ARCANA that seems to have appeared on torrent sites recently via C S C Roma (Centro Sperimentale Di Cinematografia) - that's the ident on screen, anyway. It was well worth waiting for.

A fairly straightforward story about a mother and son reading palms, telling fortunes and healing the sick rapidly becomes very dark and very surreal... mood-wise, it reminded me a lot of Cavallone's SPELL, with a little of THE WICKER MAN and ROSEMARY'S BABY's urban magic thrown in to the mix. Really good, and well worth watching.

Interestingly, whilst the copy does originate from the C.S.C. archives in Rome - it was actually director Giulio Questi himself who supplied the original disc that was uploaded. What a trooper :)
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #26 on: 22 Mar 2012 - 08:20 »

Interestingly, whilst the copy does originate from the C.S.C. archives in Rome - it was actually director Giulio Questi himself who supplied the original disc that was uploaded. What a trooper :)

Love it!  ::)
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #27 on: 23 Mar 2012 - 14:42 »

found a download of the ARCANA LP.  It actually appears as though GIRL FROM 2A's entire score comes from the Pisano cues for ARCANA.

quidtum

• One Just Man
« Reply #28 on: 27 Mar 2012 - 21:04 »

It actually appears as though GIRL FROM 2A's entire score comes from the Pisano cues for ARCANA.

Do you have some handy audio snippets for that GIRL FROM 2A's OST?
By the way, music is by Romolo Grano, I'm quoting from an auction and take a look at the label of the vinyl below
ARCANA - ITALIAN LIBRARY Lp. Music by ROMOLO GRANO directed and arranged by BERTO PISANO (produced by PALUMBO). Original Italian pressing on the PEGASO Label (PG 7) from 1972. Super-obscure and unreleased soundtrack themes for a film directed by Giulio Questi. In general, this Library Lp is very psychedelic and wonderfully macabre with that Italian giallo thriller / '70s euro horror movie sound of the period. L'UOMO CON SE STESSO is a superb example of psych jazz and bossa with exquisite viola motifs and beautiful scat chorus from Edda Dell'Orso. SACRO E PROFANO is much more spatial and darker but still very beautiful with Alessandroni style fuzz distortions / solo viola sounds / sparse use of percussion / droning hammond / woodwind and orchestrations. PERCEZIONI EXTRA SENSORIALE is yet another long, strung-out composition of supernatural ambience. Exotic, other-wordly sounds from the orchestra with electric vibes / hammond / ghostly sound FX / fuzz / treated viola / metallic taps and acoustic notes. Edda's voice is filtered in here and there, especially over the climatic last minute. INTROVERSIONE uses roughly the same musical formulae and there is even a pagan folk oddity on here called TARANTATA. A gorgeous score mixing refined orchestral jazz with experimental / art-house flair. One for the Italian Library connoisseur. Very rare and desirable Lp!!!

There's an excellent review (Italian language only, sorry) of Arcana OST (not a library as the above seller wrote) here
http://www.indie-eye.it/cinema/recensioni/arcana-di-romolo-grano/

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #29 on: 28 Mar 2012 - 11:48 »

It actually appears as though GIRL FROM 2A's entire score comes from the Pisano cues for ARCANA.

Do you have some handy audio snippets for that GIRL FROM 2A's OST?
By the way, music is by Romolo Grano, I'm quoting from an auction and take a look at the label of the vinyl below
ARCANA - ITALIAN LIBRARY Lp. Music by ROMOLO GRANO directed and arranged by BERTO PISANO (produced by PALUMBO). Original Italian pressing on the PEGASO Label (PG 7) from 1972. Super-obscure and unreleased soundtrack themes for a film directed by Giulio Questi. In general, this Library Lp is very psychedelic and wonderfully macabre with that Italian giallo thriller / '70s euro horror movie sound of the period. L'UOMO CON SE STESSO is a superb example of psych jazz and bossa with exquisite viola motifs and beautiful scat chorus from Edda Dell'Orso. SACRO E PROFANO is much more spatial and darker but still very beautiful with Alessandroni style fuzz distortions / solo viola sounds / sparse use of percussion / droning hammond / woodwind and orchestrations. PERCEZIONI EXTRA SENSORIALE is yet another long, strung-out composition of supernatural ambience. Exotic, other-wordly sounds from the orchestra with electric vibes / hammond / ghostly sound FX / fuzz / treated viola / metallic taps and acoustic notes. Edda's voice is filtered in here and there, especially over the climatic last minute. INTROVERSIONE uses roughly the same musical formulae and there is even a pagan folk oddity on here called TARANTATA. A gorgeous score mixing refined orchestral jazz with experimental / art-house flair. One for the Italian Library connoisseur. Very rare and desirable Lp!!!

There's an excellent review (Italian language only, sorry) of Arcana OST (not a library as the above seller wrote) here
http://www.indie-eye.it/cinema/recensioni/arcana-di-romolo-grano/

It appears as though that listing quotes entirely from this forum post:
http://forum.funkysouls.com/index.php?s=&act=Post&CODE=06&f=15&t=247730&p=5502875 which features a Rapidshare link to the ARCANA soundtrack.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 34 queries.