• 09 Jul 2020 - 15:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Seven Notes In Black / Sette note in nero (Lucio Fulci, 1977)  (Read 25626 times)

zykl0nb

Re: Seven Notes In Black/Sette note in nero (Lucio Fulci, 1977)
« Reply #60 on: 10 Dec 2007 - 22:04 »

Well I use an HDMI upconverting player so yeah I can appreciate the difference.  Just don't understand why in 2007 any company wouldn't do this..

MarcMorris

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #61 on: 10 Dec 2007 - 23:35 »

Well, anyone know if they fixed the issue with it not being marked for progressive playback?  I'm getting it anyways, but it would be nice if they fixed it..

Yes, it has been fixed.
Nucleus Films
DVD Releasing & DVD Extras Production

Cult Movie Forums | YouTube channel | My Movie Archive

fdsmedia

« Reply #62 on: 14 Dec 2007 - 14:12 »

Watched the revised DVD, and for some reasons the audio levels are still quite low... I had to crank the volume up more than usual to hear the dialogue, and there's a considerable amount of background hiss... video quality is excellent, though.

logboy

• Almost Human
« Reply #63 on: 20 Dec 2007 - 08:57 »

watched this for the first time last night. video seems to be a little hit and miss, with some section coming off relatively poor and others looking spot-on... don't think there's a range of prints being used, because there wasn't obvious changes between shots or sequences, it's more of a case of it being in such an odd place that some of it works and some of it doesn't.

the film is superb though, seems simple enough in a way, familiar too... but, considering there's so much space between relatively little dialogue, it's far more successful than many genre pieces can be, especially for a giallo / crime movie. the ending is superb too. loved it, though i don't think it quite has an overall feel quite as good as 'perversion story'.

fdsmedia

« Reply #64 on: 20 Dec 2007 - 09:01 »

Did your copy have low audio? I'm beginning to think that my copy is from the first pressing...

logboy

• Almost Human
« Reply #65 on: 20 Dec 2007 - 09:03 »

Did your copy have low audio? I'm beginning to think that my copy is from the first pressing...

the audio on mine was absolutely fine, no issues. you must have an early copy, perhaps slipped through the net. shame it was in english, though i'm sometimes glad to not have to read subs.

fdsmedia

« Reply #66 on: 02 Jan 2008 - 06:47 »

Today I received my new copy, but I don't think it's any different from the previous one. Maybe it is the remastered version after all, and I'm just picky? Anyway, in my opinion the audio levels are low and the background noise is very evident. Is there a way to tell the two different versions apart? I can't just continue ordering new copies until I get a proper disc...  :-[

Both my discs have the text "THE PSYCHIC MADE IN TAIWAN" and "IFPI LB76 07112425N Y" printed on the inner circle.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #67 on: 19 Mar 2008 - 13:16 »

I saw this again last night – was watching the Severin disc so that I could put a review together for the site. I was really bowled over by it. Hadn't seen the film since seeing a fan dub three and a half years ago, and hadn't been very impressed but this really does work well second time around and has instantly become one of my favourite Italian thrillers.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #68 on: 19 Mar 2008 - 17:23 »

Paul's review can be read here
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #69 on: 19 Mar 2008 - 19:07 »

I rewatched this again recently too. I loved it the first time I saw it but I agree Paul that it seems to get better with every viewing. Knowing the end just makes it all the more gripping.
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

zykl0nb

I was underwhelmed the first time I saw it some years ago, so I look forward to revisiting and reappraising it via Severin's disc since you all are saying it improves with each viewing.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

Watched this with the wife last night. Enjoyed it thoroughly but I guessed all the twists and turns well before they happened.....

Spoilers.......
[spoiler]Mostly because it reminded me of an old episode of HAMMER HOUSE OF MYSTERY AND SUSPENSE with a similar storyline.[/spoiler]
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

paperbag

• Special Cop In Action

After watching this a second time I think it's Fulcis best Giallo. Jennifer O'Neill is gorgeous, she has the right eyes for the part as Fulci zooms into them so much. Also I loved the opening titles with Gianni Garko leaving in the plane, what a great song.

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

Also I loved the opening titles with Gianni Garko leaving in the plane, what a great song.

I just ordered the OST along with a used copy of the DON'T TORTURE A DUCKLING OST from SAE.
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

prospero

it's interesting to find so much enthusiasm for this movie, since I personally think it's somewhat tiresome. I found Fulci's constant over-emphasizing really annoying, plus, to me at least, Jennifer O'Neill simply isn't interesting enough to keep me watching. sure, she looks great, but for me she still hasn't got what made Bolkan, Mell and Strinberg so fascinating. Also, with the film being a late-comer in the giallo-cycle, I found it lacked the clear-cut aesthetics that make most gialli so visually appealing. "The Psychic", in contrast, looks slightly dim, the glaring colours and clear-cut shapes of the earlier giallos are replaced by a softened, subdued autumnal look and atmosphere. not a bad thing as such, but with the very slow pacing of the whole movie I found it slightly tired. It may look more polished and more expensive than the films that would follow, but to me it also lacks the momentum that the bunch of early-eightites-Fulcis brought back. I'm curious to find out what Silver Saddle is like, which he made the following year.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 34 queries.