• 02 Jun 2020 - 17:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't Torture a Duckling / Non si sevizia un paperino (Lucio Fulci, 1972)  (Read 43180 times)

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

Outlaw Josey

i love this movie.

--the vigilante scene with maciara is one of my favorite scenes in any movie ever. especially with the contrasting rock music playing and the looks on the actors faces as they approach....

--riz ortolani's score, especially the scene with bouchet seducing michele....it has such an AMAZING vibe that is indispensable for the scene....type in barbara bouchet non si sevizia un paperino into youtube to view this scene...i dl'ed the soundtrack, but i couldn't find that piece of music on it???!  :-[ anyway, i love that part.

also "malvena too will rest in paradise" and the subsequent slow motion montage  ;)

and perhaps most of all...the location. ESPECIALLY THE GIANT ELEVATED ROADWAY

perhaps my FAVORITE use of architecture in giallo's. does anybody know WHERE that is? that is crazy. a huge modern roadway amidst a rustic southern italian mountain village....the opening shots are breathtaking, as maciara digs in the ground for skeletons while that is in the background...amazing contrast.

Stephen Grimes

perhaps my FAVORITE use of architecture in giallo's. does anybody know WHERE that is? .

Monte S.Angelo,check out Polla's posts about it in this thread.

K August

Need to revisit this one again. I remember being really freaked out by the locals. 

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

I remember being really freaked out by the locals.

Oh, yeah!  The insular, clannish - fear of the outsider - vibe is palpable in this film.  :-*
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

Outlaw Josey

Monte S.Angelo,check out Polla's posts about it in this thread

thanks!  :P i've been searching for the roadway for a long time, but couldn't find it. i wouldn't mind taking a vacation to that place and wandering around the countryside...

does anyone know what that weird singing was during the film? when it was quiet, there was a distant womans voice singing...such an incredible atmosphere...was this a part of ortolani's soundtrack or was it something else? i love that little tune that the voice is singing.....

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Yes, sir. It's due for an upgrade, it's one of the earliest DVDs I've got and the mastering has improved tenfold since then.

Has anyone seen the Italian DVD from Medusa? Was that a new transfer?

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

Yes, sir. It's due for an upgrade, it's one of the earliest DVDs I've got and the mastering has improved tenfold since then.

Has anyone seen the Italian DVD from Medusa? Was that a new transfer?

Thanks for pointing this release out, Jonny. I'd be up for double dipping and getting it just for that cover but also according to KultVideo the disc contains deleted scenes too. Is anyone able to verify this or knows what those scenes are, please?

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

I've got this, bought it to potentially fan dub but haven't even got round to looking at it.  Will give it a look in a bit and will feedback.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

I've got this, bought it to potentially fan dub but haven't even got round to looking at it.  Will give it a look in a bit and will feedback.

Nice one Oli.  :'(
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato

Just gave it a quick spin.  The deleted scene is about 30 seconds long and appears to be from the opening credits.  It features a young boy using a slingshot to hit a lizard.  What is it with Italian film makers and their dislike for lizards?

Here are some screenshots from the DVD (a DVD-9), most of which include the beautiful Barbara Bouchet:

I am not sure how it stacks up the US release without checking. Surely as it is PAL it has an advantage over the outdated Anchor Bay transfer?  Perhaps Eric might be able to offer some thoughts?

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

Many thanks for the feedback mate. I think I'll double dip on this then. I've never really had any gripes about the Anchor Bay transfer but that Medusa cover is great plus I'd much prefer to watch this in Italian.

cannibal man

Just gave it a quick spin.  The deleted scene is about 30 seconds long and appears to be from the opening credits.  It features a young boy using a slingshot to hit a lizard.  What is it with Italian film makers and their dislike for lizards?

Here are some screenshots from the DVD (a DVD-9), most of which include the beautiful Barbara Bouchet:

I am not sure how it stacks up the US release without checking. Surely as it is PAL it has an advantage over the outdated Anchor Bay transfer?  Perhaps Eric might be able to offer some thoughts?

is there not a lizard scene missing from profondo rosso.
i remember having it.
it was in a slip case u remember.
looked like a nineties release.

i have the greek dont torture a duckling vhs.
must check to see if that scene is missing u mention aarron.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

is there not a lizard scene missing from profondo rosso.
i remember having it.
it was in a slip case u remember.
looked like a nineties release.

What the fucking hell are you babbling on about man?
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

must check to see if that scene is missing u mention aarron.
I haven't mentioned anything Darren.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 34 queries.