• 26 Jun 2022 - 08:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Illustrious Corpses / Cadaveri eccellenti (Francesco Rosi, 1976)  (Read 16819 times)

Paul Hutchings

ILLUSTRIOUS CORPSES is a great film. It predates that slew of films that came in the 1990s where important anti-Mafia figures like Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino are assassinated by the Mafia. It's not entertaining in the same way that Damiano Damiani's HOW TO KILL A JUDGE (1975) is but it’s a little bit more engrossing. All the Francesco Rosi movies that I've seen have been worthy and thought provoking, and I'm struggling to pick a favourite. SALVATORE GIULIANO (1961) is obviously a classic but I also admire LE MANI SULLA CITTA (1963), IL CASO MATTEI (1972) and LUCKY LUCIANO (1973).

alan tozer

• Almost Human

Got the German version of Uomini Contro somewhere. Not seen it yet but supposed to be very good anti-war film.

Paul Hutchings

Hi Alan, I have a copy of UOMINI CONTRO somewhere too. One day I'll get to see it. So many films, so little time.

pricey

• Almost Human

I met Francesco Rosi at a screening of this film in L'Institute Francais in Kensington a couple of years back, and he was a lovely man. Very interesting Q&A, with lots of interesting anecdotes. He signed my DVD of Christ Stopped at Eboli, and I had a quick chat with him about working with Gian Maria Volonte, Rosi said he was one of the best actors he had ever worked with (Hence the constant collaborations).

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

I met Francesco Rosi at a screening of this film in L'Institute Francais in Kensington a couple of years back, and he was a lovely man. Very interesting Q&A, with lots of interesting anecdotes. He signed my DVD of Christ Stopped at Eboli, and I had a quick chat with him about working with Gian Maria Volonte, Rosi said he was one of the best actors he had ever worked with (Hence the constant collaborations).

Very cool indeed. I'd have gone down to London if I'd known about that screening.

pricey

• Almost Human

Very cool indeed. I'd have gone down to London if I'd known about that screening.
Its a very good venue. There have been some really great directors do personal appearances there. I also met Nicholas Roeg, and Bertrand Tavernier (Who signed my pre-cert of Death Watch). It's worth getting on their mailing list. http://www.institut-francais.org.uk/schedule/blog

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Its a very good venue. There have been some really great directors do personal appearances there. I also met Nicholas Roeg, and Bertrand Tavernier (Who signed my pre-cert of Death Watch). It's worth getting on their mailing list. http://www.institut-francais.org.uk/schedule/blog

Nice one, just asked to go on the ist.  :'(

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

Korean release - NTSC, Anamorphic, Italian language with optional English and Korean subs.

"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

logboy

• Almost Human

kimchidvd (good korean retailer) has this at $13+

http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=18225

HBK

• Almost Human

kimchidvd (good korean retailer) has this at $13+

http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=18225

Just ordered this, never seen this before but it sounds really interesting!

Bunta Sugawara

::) ::) ::)
Frikkin sweet, I've been waiting years for a decent copy of this. What an ending. What a pair of specs (Max Von Sydow).

I see Masters of Cinema are now releasing Rosi's 'Hands over the City', in that rather boring way in which Criterion and MoC licence the same cleaned-up prints as each other, then bring them out on Blu-ray editions as well, blah blah.

They'd be better off unearthing things like this, The Mattei Affair, Elio Petri's Todo Modo, Série Noire (Corneau), Johnnie To's The Mission, The Longest Nite, etc.

And what the hell happened to the new print of The Mattei Affair, cleaned up by Scorsese's Film Foundation, that screened at Venice in 2012?

Here was me thinking that would lead, sure as eggs is eggs, to a nice Criterion edition. But oh no, we're still getting 5 disc Blu-Rays of Metropolis with an extra 10 seconds added.

[Although, to be fair, I suppose they eventually got round to Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion..]

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

Korean release - NTSC, Anamorphic, Italian language with optional English and Korean subs.

Does anyone have this Korean release yet and can they comment on the quality? (Caps would be ideal)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Does anyone have this Korean release yet and can they comment on the quality? (Caps would be ideal)
Yeah, but not opened it yet, I'll do some caps later, Sef  :D

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

That'd be great, Aarron cheers!
Also, if you ordered it from that KimchiDvd store, could you please let me know approx how long it takes to arrive?

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

That'd be great, Aarron cheers!
Also, if you ordered it from that KimchiDvd store, could you please let me know approx how long it takes to arrive?

Mine took two days more than a month to arrive but Paul's come in a week or so. It wasn't the seller that took so long as it was postmarked December 4th and arrived January 6th. I'll do some caps now, give me a few mins  :D

I got it from an an Ebay seller called Cinest69.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151160368823

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.