• 30 Nov 2020 - 02:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fast Hand Is Still My Name (Mario Bianchi, 1972)  (Read 4920 times)

IL COMMISSARIO

Fast Hand Is Still My Name (Mario Bianchi, 1972)
« on: 24 Nov 2007 - 01:21 »

The Italian title was far too long to include in the header but it's here...

MI CHIAMAVANO REQUIESCAT... MA AVEVANO SBAGLIATO 1972

Alan Steel, William Berger

The link below is for a new Franco Cleef re-construction. I have a dupe from a dutch source but the cover is a Greek Tape off the VS Show Video label. The quality isn't bad.

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/fasthand-still-name-franco-cleef-reconstruction-dvdr-p-13143.html

Directed by Mario Bianchi as Frank Bronston on the dupe I have. I assumed the film was a comedy in the TRINITY style because of the title but was shocked to find there was nothing funny about it at all. A very serious movie with the by now worn out Civil War revenge scenario. Here, Berger plays Muchedo, a sadistic Confederate soldier on a rampage after his brother is killed by the Union. Steel is Jeff Madison, a Captain for a Union regiment whose men are tortured and killed. Madison is also tortured and left for dead. He manages to escape and goes after Muchedo and his gang.

The violence level is quite high in this and Berger plays a more nasty villain than usual. He enjoys making sure his victims are dead. There's also a right cruel torture scene about 40 minutes in where a guy is beaten, his crotch manhandled, burned with a hot poker several times and then shot repeatedly after a sheet is placed over his face.The score is, IMO, a bit out of place and doesn't fit the film at all including some jazz styled cues. There's also a prolonged sex scene which is something rare for these movies.

Steel is okay as the Union hero. He follows in the footsteps of Steve Reeves who also did a Spaghetti Western, A LONG RIDE FROM HELL (1968) which is better than this film. A number of the peplum stars dabbled in Euro westerns usually for just one movie. Kirk Morris (Adriano Bellini), the only other Italian star aside from Steel (Sergio Ciani) to appear in fusto movies also did a western, the musical, RITA OF THE WEST (1967). Dan Vadis was probably the most successful of the muscleman actors to make the transition to westerns unless you count Gemma although he never played a lead in any peplum films I'm aware of not to mention he was much smaller than his co-stars.

While it's not a bad film, it's not overly memorable either. The ending is funny though as it seems Berger's pistol has an unlimited supply of bullets. He fires off some 20 shots before Steel finally comes out to meet him in the street for the final duel.

There's also another Franco Cleef disc for sale, RINGO'S BIG NIGHT (1967) starring William Berger and Eduardo Fajardo. Never heard of this one before. It's linked below...

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/ringos-night-franco-cleef-reconstruction-dvdr-p-13144.html

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica

Cool, never knew that Alan Steel did any SWs.

What are the Franco Cleef reconstructions like, I generally stay away from the whole DVD-r thing when I can.
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei

Mart85

I think it's a decent SW with a pretty mean streak.  Berger is  great as the villain but I thought Steel was far too wooden.  That said, certainly worth a watch. 

RINGO'S BIG NIGHT is a cool earlyish SW starring Berger that takes place over one night.  This one has it's nasty moments too.  Ringo don't think twice about slapping women around and pins a sheriffs star into the sheriffs chest after he's done using it.  However I thought the ending let it down a bit.  Again worth seeking out.

IL COMMISSARIO

What are the Franco Cleef reconstructions like, I generally stay away from the whole DVD-r thing when I can.

I haven't bought the Franco Cleef disc for this title yet but they're usually sourced from a dvd that doesn't have an English option or even film prints from a vault supposedly. They're well worth getting until a better release comes out. The more recent discs are mostly forgettable at least to me. Cleef has done some nice titles I only wish he'd do a sync job for the japanese disc of ARIZONA COLT. The WE one is sourced from a fairly damaged print.

That's the only Steel western I know of. He could have done others maybe. Thanks for the info on RINGO'S BIG NIGHT Mart, it's sounds a bit interesting.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

I only wish he'd do a sync job for the japanese disc of ARIZONA COLT. The WE one is sourced from a fairly damaged print.
I've got both of them if someone can do it

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

IL COMMISSARIO

I only wish he'd do a sync job for the japanese disc of ARIZONA COLT. The WE one is sourced from a fairly damaged print.
I've got both of them if someone can do it

OMG! I would do it but my friend hasn't shown me that yet. I tried to buy the Japanese disc but it's apparently OOP now. If no one else will, I'll see if I can coax my friend into doing it. I only have a laptop and he says I'll need a desk computer to do it.

The Hunchback

That's the only Steel western I know of. He could have done others maybe.

He also starred in LOST TREASURE OF THE INCAS (yes it's a western with Indiana Jones esq elements)) and SAGUARO.

As for FASTHAND...I like it.
probably the most violent and sadistic of the genre.
Too bad the second act is kinda sluggish.

IL COMMISSARIO

He also starred in LOST TREASURE OF THE INCAS (yes it's a western with Indiana Jones esq elements)) and SAGUARO.

Does he star in those or he is he a supporting or background player? How are those BTW?

The Hunchback

Does he star in those or he is he a supporting or background player? How are those BTW?

He stars in LOST TREASURE and is a supporting role (two other Peplum stars co-star with him. Kirk Morris and Gordon Mitchell. Of course...Mitchell is probably more known for his westerns now) in SAGUARO.
I haven't seen either.

Stephen Grimes

Watched the trailer of this on the Movietime distributors comp today,looks so good what with that loungy female vocal track and Frank Brana starring that i just ordered a copy of the FC restoration  :'(

Jamie

• Almost Human

FC sent me his Fast Hand Is Still My Name and Ringo's Big Night discs a couple weeks ago and I was impressed. If you haven't seen his projects, he always does top notch work and both of these are very nice looking.

Fast Hand is pretty cool, I also like that easy listening theme song! Alan Steel gets his hand broken up (shades of Django) and I won't spoil it by talking about how he continues on against the bad guys. But definitely an interesting Spaghetti and I was glad he picked it.

LANZETTA

Haven't watched this in ages but its no more than ok.

Steel is pretty mediocre as the hero but William Berger excels as his sadistic nemesis.I enjoyed the gimmicky final showdown. :-X   

The Hunchback

LANZETTA

Re: Fast Hand Is Still My Name (Mario Bianchi, 1972)
« Reply #13 on: 02 Jul 2008 - 11:08 »

Keep these reviews coming Eric.They're f**king excellent. ;)

Jay

Re: Fast Hand Is Still My Name (Mario Bianchi, 1972)
« Reply #14 on: 02 Jul 2008 - 19:16 »

Fab viddy review. Nice!

Would anyone have contact details for Mr Franco Cleef?

Cheers,

Jay
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.