• 24 Jan 2021 - 18:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Deadly Bees (Freddie Francis, 1967)  (Read 3190 times)

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
The Deadly Bees (Freddie Francis, 1967)
« on: 03 Jul 2008 - 13:24 »

Anyone else seen this? I saw the new DVD release from Legend Films last night - it's a truly awful film but one that's of the "so bad it's good variety". Legend's R1 disc is very nice - a review should follow shortly.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
Re: The Deadly Bees (Freddie Francis, 1967)
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jul 2008 - 13:46 »

I m must pick this one up to replace my off air recording.
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jul 2008 - 13:48 »

The disc is a Best Buy exclusive, sadly. You'll have to get it shipped to one of your buddies in the US, mate.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Andrew Monroe

« Reply #3 on: 03 Jul 2008 - 16:26 »

Haven`t seen this since I was a youngster - back then I ate up every damn one of those killer bees flicks. I`m planning to pick up the disc over this long weekend...

Oh, and just the other day I read a very funny review of the film at this blog (one of the few I regularly check):
http://arbogastonfilm.blogspot.com/2008/06/hear-buzzing-of-bees-angry-bees.html

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton
« Reply #4 on: 03 Jul 2008 - 17:36 »

Haven`t seen this since I was a youngster - back then I ate up every damn one of those killer bees flicks. I`m planning to pick up the disc over this long weekend...

Oh, and just the other day I read a very funny review of the film at this blog (one of the few I regularly check):
http://arbogastonfilm.blogspot.com/2008/06/hear-buzzing-of-bees-angry-bees.html

I love the Arbogast Blog.  I loved this film as a kid, too!

It's a shame the way that Legend Films and Best Buy are dstributing this DVD.  Luckily, a store about 10 miles from my house is carrying the DVD (so I picked it up along with THE MAN WHO COULD CHEAT DEATH, THE SENDER, PHASE IV and FRAMED), but it is only one of two Best Buy stores in Western Washington carrying 'em.

If copies were distributed to ALL Best Buy stores, Legend undoubtedly would be selling more units, and fans of these films would have been able to pick 'em up without having to drive one or two hours, if they're even available at all in their area. It's bad enough that you have to drive 50 miles north or 60 miles south of the heart of the Seattle metro area to buy 'em, much less not being able to get 'em in NYC at all, from what I've heard.  Completely bizarre!  :-*

In this day and age of online purchasing and home delivery, quite the caveman stunt Legend and Best Buy have pulled.  :-[

Sad, really.
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

Andrew Monroe

« Reply #5 on: 03 Jul 2008 - 21:18 »

I love the Arbogast Blog.  I loved this film as a kid, too!

It's a shame the way that Legend Films and Best Buy are dstributing this DVD.  Luckily, a store about 10 miles from my house is carrying the DVD (so I picked it up along with THE MAN WHO COULD CHEAT DEATH, THE SENDER, PHASE IV and FRAMED), but it is only one of two Best Buy stores in Western Washington carrying 'em.

If copies were distributed to ALL Best Buy stores, Legend undoubtedly would be selling more units, and fans of these films would have been able to pick 'em up without having to drive one or two hours, if they're even available at all in their area. It's bad enough that you have to drive 50 miles north or 60 miles south of the heart of the Seattle metro area to buy 'em, much less not being able to get 'em in NYC at all, from what I've heard.  Completely bizarre!  :-*

In this day and age of online purchasing and home delivery, quite the caveman stunt Legend and Best Buy have pulled.  :-[

Sad, really.

I sometimes wonder who Arbogast is....those pictures of Leigh brushing her teeth crack me up for some reason. And add in that there`s skin on show in one pic. and she looks to have a black robe on in the other, so they filmed two different tooth-brushing scenes! Haha. I mean, she has big teeth anyway, and then what, Francis said, " we need to spotlight those choppers"?

Yeah, I hate the BB exclusive deals too. I don`t like shopping there in the first place - the dvd selection in my store has drastically fallen off - and often they don`t have the "exclusive" at my local BB. In fact, I won`t be surprised if they don`t have this one.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #6 on: 04 Jul 2008 - 09:25 »

Review of the Legend Films DVD is now on the main site...

The Deadly Bees - Legend Films DVD review

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #7 on: 04 Jul 2008 - 10:24 »

::) ::) ::)

the first of which is Mary's beloved pet dog; a nosey pooch with "he'll be the first" written all over him

that made me grin and added even more comedy with the pic :-\

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
« Reply #8 on: 04 Jul 2008 - 10:32 »

I know, it's a "howler". In the infinite wisdom of that blue Fiesta-drivin' piece of shit™:

"Humans yes, animals no".
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.