• 16 Apr 2021 - 11:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Genova a mano armata / Merciless Man (Mario Lanfranchi, 1976)  (Read 8660 times)

Stephen Grimes

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hTlXaqg57U4   

Stars Tony lo Bianco,Maud Adams,Adolfo Celli and Howard Ross,check out the chase scene and superior Cipriani score in the clip :'(
(Thanks to Rog for the heads up)

Got an English version of this from the Swedish tape,also waiting for a copy of the Italian language 35mm which was shown at Pollanet's event last year where the director turned up for the screening.Anyone else a fan?

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Looks good, don't think I've seen this one. I'll have to check if I have it now.

That Cipriani score doesn't half remind me of Franco Micalizzi's stuff.

Stephen Grimes

That Cipriani score doesn't half remind me of Franco Micalizzi's stuff.

??? My mistake,it is Micalizzi.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Dug out my copy. It's the English dubbed version from the Swedish tape.

Could do with a better copy though, the reds are bleeding like mad in the one I have.

Pollanet

also the edition from 35 mm isn't very good, there are a lot of little cuts and jumps in audio/video... the original 35 mm is not good  :(

over all... IMO the movie is boring, very hard to watch it all  :-*

the score is good... Micalizzi's style  :'(

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action
  • Soon to be a Major Motion Picture

I kinda like this one, but then again, I'm a big fan of Tony Lo Bianco. I've seen this and MEAN FRANK AND CRAZY TONY, and I wish I could see that Italian crime mini-series he did in the '70s, ORIGINS OF THE MAFIA.

Overall, Pollanet is right; there's nothing too special about MERCILESS MAN, but there are a couple of neat scenes -- as when Tony Lo Bianco gets into a fistfight while holding a squid!

And yeah, Micalizzi's score is good -- even if it does sound a little recycled.

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action
  • Soon to be a Major Motion Picture

Btw, Jonny: I'd make you a copy of mine, but it's probably worse than yours. Mine has the black horizontal bars running up and down the screen. (I've always been told that's a side effect of a PAL ---> NTSC conversion.)

Rogerio Ferraz

I guess I was just in the right frame of mind (or maybe drunk  :-*) when I watched it, but I really
liked this one! Despite all the frame/audio jumps that Polla mentioned, I thought GENOVA A MANO ARMATA was quite a pleasant suprise - really hope that an uncut (and better looking print) surfaces someday!  :)

Stephen Grimes

I thought GENOVA A MANO ARMATA was quite a pleasant suprise
Yeah i enjoyed it though it took a couple of viewings and also meant having to turn down the colour on my tv because of the dodgy print on the Swedish tape,love that Micalizzi score as well which definitely adds to the film.

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

Damn...I've only just read this thread. I've been after a copy of Genova a Mano Armata for donkey's. If someone could be kind enough to be able to sort me out with a copy, please drop me a PM. I'd be really really grateful and of course would be able to sort you out with something equally as obscure in return.  :-\

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

Clearly the heavens were listening in as shortly after posting this - Genova A Mano Armata suddenly popped up on all of the "file sharing" sites that are deicated to cult movies...and sure enough, it's the Italian 35mm print that is mentioned here, which apparently may be a composite print. Will have a good look at it tonight.

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action

Same here Luca... wonderful timing!

I'm going to fire this up now and see if I can knock up some english subs.

(Fingers crossed it's not dialouge heavy!)

Thanks to whoever shared (and discovered) this movie.

EDIT:::::::::::

Subs are almost done - expect them later this evening.
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Pollanet

the telecinema of this movie from 35 mm was realized by Cinetoscopio, that is the association that give us 35 mms for Appuntamento a mano armata... great friends and V.O.P. (very original persons)  :D

they have a great collection of 35 mms.... very great  :'(

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action

English subtitles for Genova a Mano Armata.

http://rapidshare.com/files/129939930/Genova.A.Mano.Armata.1977.TC.XviD-STL.srt.html

Kind of hurried but I think they're okay.

Thanks again to all involved for sharing it.
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

Django, you're a legend mate, thanks for knocking this srt out so swiftly. I'll attach these to the Italian print tonight!  ::) Top man.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.