• 15 Nov 2019 - 08:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ghost Story (Stephen Weeks ,1974)  (Read 7586 times)

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: Ghost Story (Stephen Weeks ,1974)
« Reply #15 on: 17 Sep 2009 - 15:11 »

Not sure of that cover but the film sounds like one for me to check out. Cheers for the update Jonny.

People always seem to be fixated on the covers. Granted, it's nice when there's great, original artwork used for releases but I'm sick of people whinging about the coverart, and the upcoming NIGHT OF THE CREEPS Blu-ray and DVD releases are a case point.

I don't know about anyone else, but I store my DVDs and Blu-rays spine-on, so the only time that I see the front covers is when I pull them out to watch them. No disrespect to Richard C, as he's not kicking off like some of the guys have done on other forums over NOTC, but what is it that these guys do with the covers? Do they pull them out and pull themselves-off over them?  :-* :-\

For the record, I think whoever Marc's got to do the cover has done a good job of replicating the feel of a typical seventies poster (with the title font and headshots along the top), while still managing to stay a little bit contemporary too. You've got to understand that us hardcore collectors are still the minority when it comes to the target audience of these releases. If companies have to resort to creating something that's got broad appeal in order to make more sales, then I'm not going to quibble. If companies like Nucleus and the like continue to sell decent quantities of these titles then it means they'll continue to put out other unreleased gems, and that's all that counts as far as I'm concerned.  :-X
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

MarcMorris

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #16 on: 17 Sep 2009 - 16:33 »

We have absolutely no artwork for this film as it didn't get released anywhere. We've done what we feel is the very best we can, working from no artwork at all, just frame grabs.

All of our cover art is done by Graham Humphreys.
Nucleus Films
DVD Releasing & DVD Extras Production

Cult Movie Forums | YouTube channel | My Movie Archive

Vito Cipriani

• Almost Human
« Reply #17 on: 18 Sep 2009 - 10:56 »

I really can't wait for this DVD! I've only seen this film once, when it was screened on BBC1 in the late 1980s or early 1990s, and it stuck in my mind ever since. I acquired a DVD-R rip of a VHS release a while ago, but I kept staving off watching the DVD-R in the hope that the film acquired a good DVD release. I'm enormously pleased with this news :)
'Society has many means of protecting itself: bureaucracy, red tape... and the revolver'

CardPlayer4

« Reply #18 on: 02 Oct 2009 - 10:54 »

Good news! :P

Are there subtitles (english or french) on this dvd?

MarcMorris

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #19 on: 02 Oct 2009 - 14:42 »

No subtitles... sorry!
Nucleus Films

Fearlono

« Reply #20 on: 05 Oct 2009 - 19:41 »

I'm a big fan of this film and I'm thrilled to learn that it's finally getting a proper release. The vhs-rip that does the rounds was a godsend, but I'll be buying the DVD for sure.

Excellent news !!  ;)

MarcMorris

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #21 on: 07 Oct 2009 - 17:41 »

Final cover art...

Nucleus Films

Fearlono

« Reply #22 on: 08 Oct 2009 - 10:00 »

Looks great, can't wait !

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #23 on: 26 Oct 2009 - 09:53 »

Eric's review of the Nucleus DVD is now on the main site...

Ghost Story - Nucleus DVD review
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 34 queries.