• 26 Jun 2022 - 09:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Contraband / Luca il contrabbandiere (Lucio Fulci, 1980)  (Read 33165 times)

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: Contraband/ Luca il contrabbandiere (Lucio Fulci, 1980)
« Reply #15 on: 11 Jul 2007 - 21:41 »

I don't dislike NIGHT TRAIN MURDERS, mate - I just don't think it's as stylish as Lado's gialli, thus not showcasing the best of his abilities.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

vigilanteforce

« Reply #16 on: 11 Jul 2007 - 21:48 »

Perhaps that is because NIGHT TRAIN is not a giallo- it is a totally different kind of film which naturally, displays a different visual style. Lado's direction is great for the genre's standards. The giallo has higher standards so his direction of his gialli is more impressive. You are comparing two different things here :D

Oh and keep in mind that both films (NIGHT TRAIN and SHORT NIGHT) are in my list of all-time favorites.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #17 on: 11 Jul 2007 - 21:51 »

Perhaps that is because NIGHT TRAIN is not a giallo- it is a totally different kind of film which naturally, displays a different visual style. Lado's direction is great for the genre's standards. The giallo has higher standards so his direction of his gialli is more impressive. You are comparing two different things here :D

I completely understand what you're saying and agree with you, mate.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

vigilanteforce

« Reply #18 on: 11 Jul 2007 - 21:56 »

Well, if I was the maker of these movies and wanted to show a sample of my work to a producer, I'd certainly pick SHORT NIGHT :-\ that's another thing though.

Gary B.

« Reply #19 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 19:20 »

CONTRABAND is pretty amazing.  my favorite scene is the fight at the hot springs, then cutting to the body being thrown through a window!  the Frizzi soundtrack is great as well and really drives the film forward.

vigilanteforce

« Reply #20 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 19:38 »

then cutting to the body being thrown through a window!
Yea, not to mention that guys guy's face looks like a zombie! I think it was Nello Pazzafini?

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #21 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 19:47 »

then cutting to the body being thrown through a window!
Yea, not to mention that guys guy's face looks like a zombie! I think it was Nello Pazzafini?
Yeah it was Pazzafini :-\
This guy was very prolific in Italian b-movies at the time and appeared in at least 30 crime movies including classics like COLPO ROVENTE,HIGH CRIME,DIRTY GANG etc.
Someone should write a book about him,we've had the Luciano Rossi biography so howsabout a Pazzafini book?

vigilanteforce

« Reply #22 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 19:52 »

That picture is from STUNT SQUAD right Stephen? He was great as the sleazy pimp in that movie and I always love the voice that dubs him in English ::) He is certainly an Italian cinema icon- also remember him in Alfonso Brescia's dreadful TRIANGOLO DELLA CAMORRA!

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #23 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 19:55 »

Yeah STUNT SQUAD,right before his brutal castration :o

vigilanteforce

« Reply #24 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 20:01 »

There was no actual castration shot in any print, was there??

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #25 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 20:04 »

There was no actual castration shot in any print, was there??
Well you don't see it close up but they take him to the front of the car and one of Valli's henchmen produces a knife,loads of screaming,then you see Pazzafini holding his bloodstained crotch before he's shot.
It was you i got the new print from mate ::)

vigilanteforce

« Reply #26 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 20:08 »

Haha yes, I was wondering if there was some rare print of the movie which featured a more explicit castration, like the one in WEAPONS OF DEATH/NAPOLI SPARA- damn, what a gem! Need to watch it again ASAP!

Ok, I wasn't serious about such a print existing- just wish there was one :-\

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #27 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 20:11 »

Boy that castration in Napoli spara!(Weapons of Death) is quite explicit,he certainly gets it in that prison yard and on the orders of Henry Silva :'(

vigilanteforce

« Reply #28 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 20:17 »

I was quite surprised to see such a thing in a crime film- I guess Caiano could have done great in the cannibal genre as well :-\ NAPOLI SPARA- that movie is so wild! The scene where the robbers attack that train, the truck chase and that little Fiat car falling down the cliff and exploding, the pregnant woman getting beaten in the opening scene, the castration, etc.... Only the Genarino kid and the comedic music theme were used as comic relief but its fine- I love that movie! Hoping to get the XXX version of Caiano's LA SVATICA NEL VENTRE/NAZI LOVE CAMP 27 soon!

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #29 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 20:20 »

Also it's Adolfo Lastretti(Dogheart from Man Called Magnum) who gets castrated,strange to see him in the role of a victim for once.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.