• 24 Jul 2017 - 22:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Weapons Of Death / Napoli spara! (Mario Caiano, 1977)  (Read 23575 times)

vigilanteforce

Quoting myself from the CONTRABAND thread!

I was quite surprised to see such a thing in a crime film- I guess Caiano could have done great in the cannibal genre as well Undecided NAPOLI SPARA- that movie is so wild! The scene where the robbers attack that train, the truck chase and that little Fiat car falling down the cliff and exploding, the pregnant woman getting beaten in the opening scene, the castration, etc.... Only the Genarino kid and the comedic music theme were used as comic relief but its fine- I love that movie! Hoping to get the XXX version of Caiano's LA SVASTICA NEL VENTRE/NAZI LOVE CAMP 27 soon!

What are your thoughts on this crime classic?

Stephen Grimes

Re: Weapons Of Death/Napoli Spara (Mario Caiano, 1977)
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 20:30 »

NAPOLI VIOLENTA pt.2!!
Absolute classic with some great actions scenes and a cast of familar faces,this really is a MUST for those who haven't seen it.

vigilanteforce

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 21:04 »

I think there was a German DVD of the movie which was a cut version? Have you seen what it looks like Stephen?

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 21:07 »

I think there was a German DVD of the movie which was a cut version? Have you seen what it looks like Stephen?
No i haven't seen it but i've been told it's cut,sad thing is that it's on the usually reliable KochMedia label.
I think Jonny or Comp might have it as i remember reading something about it on the old forum.

vigilanteforce

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 21:24 »

Johny, Comp, could you post a screenshot of the German disc here?

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2007 - 22:59 »

Hey fellas - I've not got a disc of this and had no idea it was available. This is one of the few well-known cop flicks that I've not actuall seen.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 08:26 »

Haven't got the German disc to hand at the moment, I'll try and locate it but I think I binned it! I remember getting it and was looking forward to putting an English soundtrack on it, ripped the elements to my hard drive and started work only to find it was cut, bullet hits and point blank machine gunning action during the train heist... I think I was so annoyed I might have broken it.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

vigilanteforce

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 08:47 »

Johny, I know what you mean, I would be really mad as well if I were you. I would just be curious to see if the disc looks good despite the cuts. Was it remastered and widescreen?

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 08:51 »

They (KochMedia) also released the lovely looking VIOLENT NAPLES disc around the same time,i think this is the edition Alfa Digital/LFVW used for their English language release.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 08:53 »

Was it remastered and widescreen?

Yes, it looked really good, similar to the Napoli violenta disc they put out that, as Stephen said, Alfa used for their boot.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #10 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 08:55 »

Yes, it looked really good, similar to the Napoli violenta disc they put out that, as Stephen said, Alfa used for their boot.
Such a shame Napoli spara! was cut,though at least we know there is a good looking print out there and can hope that someday someone will decide to release it.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #11 on: 29 Jul 2007 - 09:25 »

Check out this cool little piece about a meeting with Leonard Mann,hopefully we'll get a full interview with him soon.

http://www.filmforno.com/?p=65

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #12 on: 29 Jul 2007 - 12:05 »

Haven't got the German disc to hand at the moment, I'll try and locate it but I think I binned it! I remember getting it and was looking forward to putting an English soundtrack on it, ripped the elements to my hard drive and started work only to find it was cut, bullet hits and point blank machine gunning action during the train heist... I think I was so annoyed I might have broken it.
I suppose the cut version could be used and the uncut scenes added (even if the quality isn't as good) or is this too hard cos i ain't got a clue

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #13 on: 29 Jul 2007 - 12:26 »

Birmingham's answer to Franco Cleef might be able to work his magic hopefully ;) ;)

Mart85

« Reply #14 on: 29 Jul 2007 - 17:39 »

I tried doing that thing once before for THE LONG DAYS OF VENGEANCE but my PC couldn't handle it and would crash once I had loaded an hours worth of fucking editing.  Did my head in.  You need a good machine to do that kind of thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 20 queries.