• 24 Apr 2017 - 19:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weapons Of Death / Napoli spara! (Mario Caiano, 1977)  (Read 20447 times)

Longsden

• Special Cop In Action
  • Bastard Squad 666
Re: Weapons Of Death / Napoli spara! (Mario Caiano, 1977)
« Reply #75 on: 27 Mar 2017 - 10:06 »

Yeah, but is it actually going to fucking happen?

logboy

• Almost Human
« Reply #76 on: 27 Mar 2017 - 14:46 »

it should do. they have the license to lots of italian crime films. personally, i find the price extortionate. the trend for labels trying to sell directly to increase their profit margins with editions slightly different to retail discs is sadly coinciding with a poor exchange rate for those of us importing from the UK. i don't agree with the arguments it's necessary, i currently see it as anti-competitive and centered around collector's, scalpers too. it seem to be about nerves, because although the physical market is shaky, there are companies managing to do various niche genres at prices that are lower, with quality more reliably there. the last dorado disc - the franco obscurities - wasn't received that well, so i'm hesitant to do anything other than wait on reviews and a retail edition that's widely-available. still accept the idea of passing things over if they turn out to be poor discs and atypically-high prices - reluctant, but voting with my money to show i won't put-up with bad presentations of films, however likely (or not) it is for them to appear again elsewhere at some point.

Roy Munson

• Anonymous Avenger
Weapons Of Death / Napoli spara! (Mario Caiano, 1977)
« Reply #77 on: 28 Mar 2017 - 06:58 »

it should do. they have the license to lots of italian crime films. personally, i find the price extortionate. the trend for labels trying to sell directly to increase their profit margins with editions slightly different to retail discs is sadly coinciding with a poor exchange rate for those of us importing from the UK. i don't agree with the arguments it's necessary, i currently see it as anti-competitive and centered around collector's, scalpers too. it seem to be about nerves, because although the physical market is shaky, there are companies managing to do various niche genres at prices that are lower, with quality more reliably there. the last dorado disc - the franco obscurities - wasn't received that well, so i'm hesitant to do anything other than wait on reviews and a retail edition that's widely-available. still accept the idea of passing things over if they turn out to be poor discs and atypically-high prices - reluctant, but voting with my money to show i won't put-up with bad presentations of films, however likely (or not) it is for them to appear again elsewhere at some point.

Just happy that someone is showing an interest in releasing Eurocrime on blu Ray as there are very few releases just now. Sure the price is a bit steep for the Dorado set. Hopefully the Arrow release of The Climber will sell well and lead to some further blu rays of films that haven't yet had a blu ray or DVD release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

logboy

• Almost Human
« Reply #78 on: 28 Mar 2017 - 10:59 »

Just happy that someone is showing an interest in releasing Eurocrime on blu Ray as there are very few releases just now. Sure the price is a bit steep for the Dorado set. Hopefully the Arrow release of The Climber will sell well and lead to some further blu rays of films that haven't yet had a blu ray or DVD release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i would be happy too, but right now my mind is in a place where i've seen far too much pulling apart of presentations of films on BD to be happy with just any presentation. even at a low price. it has to be good, because i fear there's something of a silent crowd out there that's not tied to any interest in labels, styles of cases, or other so-called special editions or spine numbers that are walking away from physical media, people who use discs to watch the films and still remember the search for films in complete and decent forms - leaving it essentially reliant upon what determines itself to be a hardcore crowd (usually willing to overpay and lower expectations of the actual content) and they won't be removed from their position in a manner which is remotely logical or film-centric, and it's done a lot of distortion, if not a lot of damage too.

i can't see 'the climber' doing much for arrow. looks like a second tier, fanbase-only entry for the type of film. not a major hitter in name or reputation, but certainly known of in certain circles.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #79 on: 28 Mar 2017 - 12:09 »

I'll not be buying the Dorado blu, too expensive and it's not even a real remaster as far as I know? Just a HD scan of a cinema print, which isn't that much of a step up from the DVD we already have. I've ordered The Climber blu though.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 21 queries.