• 18 Aug 2022 - 00:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Porci con la P.38 (Gianfranco Pagani, 1979)  (Read 5375 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Porci con la P.38 (Gianfranco Pagani, 1979)
« on: 26 Jul 2008 - 09:40 »

Anyone seen this one? Stephen? I'm almost certain this never had an English dub and I'm intrigued to know what the title translates as, isn't porci Italian for pig? That'd make it something along the lines of PIG WITH A P.38...

Marc Porel, Laura Belli, Raymond Pellegrin and Luciano Pigozzi all feature in this which seems like a pretty good line up. Italian Domo Video release is nicely letterboxed.

Stephen Grimes

Re: Porci con la P.38 (Gianfranco Pagani, 1979)
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2008 - 09:52 »

I've a copy of the Domo release (which i'm almost certain you sent me Jonny) though i still haven't watched it properly yet,read somewhere that it's supposed to be set in America though it's pretty obvious it's Northen Italy.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jul 2008 - 09:57 »

Yes, I sent it to you Stephen. I had a quick scan through some of it this morning and it in no way looks like it's really in America. It doesn't look too bad from the quick look I had though, a good car chase along some mountain roads and some club scenes with druggy kids doing what looks to be heroin.

Only watched about half of it though so will give the rest a look later.

Pollanet

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2008 - 08:13 »

I saw this movie a lot of years ago... very difficult to understand it, also in italian language  :-*

We used the term 'poveristico' (pooristhic??) for this movie, because the north-american location for the movie is really ridicolous

police cars are old Fiat with P O L I C E stickers on it, in some sequences you can see italian shops as mistakes in photography

but I enjoyed it  ::)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jul 2008 - 13:08 »

because the north-american location for the movie is really ridicolous

police cars are old Fiat with P O L I C E stickers on it, in some sequences you can see italian shops as mistakes in photography

but I enjoyed it  ::)

what you've said there reminds me of HELLRAISER, it's set in England but for some reason when the police are at the door they are American cops  :-*

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #5 on: 29 Jul 2008 - 14:47 »

Noticed on my locandina for this that is was distributed by CIA (Cinematografie Internazionali Associate) who were also involved with some real cult sleaze classics like CANNE MOZZE,COME CANI ARRABBIATI,I VIOLENTI DI ROMA BENE (Violence for Kicks),THE SEWER RATS etc . :'(
What i'd give to go back in time and visit their offices  ;)

Pollanet

« Reply #6 on: 29 Jul 2008 - 15:12 »

Gianfranco Pagani was a producer

at the time it was very simple to make a movie in italy... you had to have few money and an half idea, so you could find easily all the rest, also someone that played your movies in cinemas

now it's another world... production and distributions are in few hands, it's very difficult to make a movie without them and/or without tv or public help

obviously 'quality' and 'quantity' are not the same

but in the 'quantity' it was more more simple to find something of good....

Canisius

« Reply #7 on: 01 Dec 2008 - 19:12 »

Got the German tape last month:

The film offers various forms of graphic violence as headshots, one person is killed by putting some sharp object directly into the peephole and through the head of the victim which is then more or less nailed to the door, nice ::)
The anonymous killer even wears black leather gloves so we have giallo-esque murders in a way.
Marc Porel has some remarkable moments such as playing oldschool videogames with his daughter but his character has other qualities which can be seen while questioning some heroin-addicted youth. Obviously face slapping is not enough for Mr. Porel and he even kicks the youth in the head two times...holy shit, I mean I haven't seen such flawlessly executed "High-knee-lifts" for 15 years but back then it was reserved to people like Razor Ramon while watching the WorldWrestlingFederation... totally senseless aggression but hey this is one dirty little italian crime flick, so it's all good in the end :-\

vigilanteforce

« Reply #8 on: 02 Dec 2008 - 03:07 »

I recently bought the Italian tape although I already had a copy of it. Canisius' description makes it sound like a winner!

Canisius

« Reply #9 on: 02 Dec 2008 - 21:31 »

Well, I summarised some of my personal highlights after watching it once. It is cheap, illogical and poorly made/dubbed (speaking of the German dubbing), so I would never dare to criticize it, being the total euro-crime fanboy I am.
However, the average poliziotteschi-fan could be easily bored because there is not so much action going on, the review of the book "Der Terror führt Regie" is completely negative for example and calls it one of the movies to avoid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.