• 09 Aug 2022 - 01:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Order To Kill / El clan de los inmorales (José Gutiérrez Maesso, 1975)  (Read 5085 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Having never heard of this film before but had heard of the director, who wrote the screenplay for the Chris Mitchum 'classic' 'Ricco', I thought I'd give it watch plus after all it starred top German nutbag Helmut Berger!
Set in the Caribbean island of Jamaica it concerns a down on his luck 'Nam vet (Berger) who, desperate for money, agrees to carry out a hit. Unfortunately the target is an old friend and he fails to carry out his mission... Cue disgruntled mob boss and Berger on the run... However, things take a turn when in steps Police man Mel Ferrer who offers to give Berger and his girlfriend passports and safe transport off the island on the proviso that he kill the local mob boss, strangely enough played by Kevin McCarthy. Begrudgingly he agrees and Ferrer instructs him to train up three policemen "To be real killers" who will assist him on his task...

If I made this film sound just a tiny bit exciting or interesting I must take this moment to apologise as it's one of the most boring, cheaply made bits of tat I've seen in a long time. The only point of interest is when Berger's cliched moll of a girlfriend (Sydne Rome) takes her clothes off. Shot in what looks like shanty towns, where huge crowds of children amass on the street corners to watch the film crew, it's miserable film to watch and so slack in pace I fell asleep for ten minutes during the big action finale... And, no,I hadn't been drinking!

Bloody awful.

Mart85

Pretty much my thoughts on it as well.  Shame because I was well chuffed when I got hold of it.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Shame because I was well chuffed when I got hold of it.

Same here, I'd been told it was quite a hard film to find and was looking forward to seeing it when I put it on last night... There seems to be a reason why some films are hard to track down, more than likely it's because they're not very good!

vigilanteforce

Never heard of this one- Johny's summary of it almost sold me but I changed my mind after reading his review :-\ Shame about it being so bad because Berger is a great lead.

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action
  • Soon to be a Major Motion Picture

I thought the street fight scene in the ghetto was pretty exciting. Otherwise ... ehhhh.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Not seen it for 10 year or so, don't remember it that well, just remember it beibg hard to sit through.

Here is a pic of my oversized Canadian release

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

I know I'm not sold on this film 100% but I'd be intersted to see how the Spanish DVD looks. Anyone have it? It says 2.35:1 ratio over at DVDgo...

Order To Kill - DVDgo

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action
  • Soon to be a Major Motion Picture

Is that a brand new release, Jonny? I remember Pollanet saying this film was almost impossible to find in Europe (so, natch', I sent him a copy from my pre-record).

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Is that a brand new release, Jonny? I remember Pollanet saying this film was almost impossible to find in Europe (so, natch', I sent him a copy from my pre-record).

DVDgo say it was added to their site on 20/03/2007 so it's been out over a year now, though it took me until now to spot it on the website.

Diabolik

• One Just Man
    • Diabolik - European Trash Cinema On Danish Video

Danish release of El Clan de los Inmorales
Video International A/S

Sorry about the watermark, but some people has begun using my scans as their own!!!  :-(
/D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.