• 29 Feb 2020 - 05:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Framing posters  (Read 3703 times)

Richard C

Framing posters
« on: 13 Jul 2007 - 15:48 »

Any of you guys framed your posters? I haven't got the wall space to put anything up yet but I wondered if anyone here had framed theirs so I can get an idea of what to look out for. I'm guessing for things like US One Sheets to have a frame made up would be pretty costly right? I've just got my folded/rolled for the time-being but I'd like to show some off when i get the chance.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Framing posters
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 16:05 »

I try to frame mine whenever wall space allows, these are just on the walls around me now here in the front room where we have the PC...

The 'Banditi' locandina I had professionally framed for £60 the 'Roma' locandina next to it I bought a stock size frame from a local frame stall on the market, had a mount cut to size all for £13.

The 'Kill Bill' quad used to have a 'Fri 13th' quad in it, again I had the frame custom made and it was about £60... Not cheap!

The 'Black Belly' poster I made myself, scanned the poster art from a book and got my friend who has a very large printer, to print it out... I found a frame at work and made the poster to fit the frame... Cost me nothing!

If you want frames that you can re-use over and over theres some at very good prices at the link below, buy one a bit larger than your poster and have cardboard mounts made for the extra classy touch...

Poster Frames, Lightboxes etc LINK HERE
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 16:16 »

Nice Jonny.
Really need to frame some of my Italian 2f size posters soon as i hate leaving them folded up.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 16:30 »

BTW I found this frame lying around at work, took out the original picture and put in the little belgian poster... Not found any wall space yet though.

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 16:53 »

The only answer is to buy a bigger house.

I've only got one poster framed and hanging up at the moment (currently Friday the 13th quad, but I change it every once in a while). I've got another couple framed but never seem to get round to hanging them. Ideally I'd like to get frames for my Aussie daybills and my locandinas and dot them around the house but money's tight at the moment.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

Gary B.

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 17:35 »

Really need to frame some of my Italian 2f size posters soon as i hate leaving them folded up.

I've just been thinking the same thing.  I have a great SPASMO 2f and should probably just shell out the cash to get a nice frame for it. 

Any of you guys framed your posters? I haven't got the wall space to put anything up yet but I wondered if anyone here had framed theirs so I can get an idea of what to look out for. I'm guessing for things like US One Sheets to have a frame made up would be pretty costly right? I've just got my folded/rolled for the time-being but I'd like to show some off when i get the chance.

hey Richard, are you in the States?  if so, check out http://www.wholesaleposterframes.com as they have cheap custom frames that are pretty good quality.  they also offer acid free backing boards too.  I've got a few locandine and australian daybills framed via these guys, and I'm pretty happy with them.

Richard C

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 17:35 »

Thanks for the pics/link Jonny. Black frames seem to work well with the different pictures you have there. I wonder if there are any attractive, young female frame makers out there I could go out with....  :-\

Richard C

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 17:36 »

hey Richard, are you in the States?  if so, check out http://www.wholesaleposterframes.com as they have cheap custom frames that are pretty good quality.  they also offer acid free backing boards too.  I've got a few locandine and australian daybills framed via these guys, and I'm pretty happy with them.

Nope - UK but I'll have a look at the site anyway just to get some ideas.

Thanks Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 34 queries.