• 03 Jun 2020 - 04:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blazing Magnum Car Chase  (Read 4588 times)

IL COMMISSARIO

Blazing Magnum Car Chase
« on: 13 Jul 2007 - 11:45 »

Excellent. I'll have to read this one this evening sometime. I read a bit of the BLAZING MAGNUM book last night. Great read this one. Only I don't agree with the editorial about peplums being a sub-genre considering there were several hundred of those produced between 1957 thru 1964 and they were hugely popular both in Italy and in the US.

Also, is my version cut of BLAZING MAGNUM? The review states the car chase is 12 minutes but I clocked it at 7 back when I first saw it as it seemed amazingly long to me.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Blazing Magnum Car Chase
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 12:10 »

Also, is my version cut of BLAZING MAGNUM? The review states the car chase is 12 minutes but I clocked it at 7 back when I first saw it as it seemed amazingly long to me.

Well, the car chase I put on youtube is just under 9 minutes and I'm sure I missed off a bit at either end... Not sure where I sourced the clip I used though, definately wasn't the NTSC Jap version though as that widescreen, so I'm guessing it's from a US VHS...

Blazing Magnum Car Chase LINK HERE
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

vigilanteforce

Blazing Magnum Car Chase
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 14:03 »

Great piece Jay! I think I need more Cavallone after reading this! :-\

Jay

Blazing Magnum Car Chase
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 15:13 »

Heh, heh! Just ask Lefteris and they're yours!  :P

Stephen Grimes

Blazing Magnum Car Chase
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 15:23 »

*EDIT*

IL COMMISSARIO

Blazing Magnum Car Chase
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 19:32 »

Well, the car chase I put on youtube is just under 9 minutes and I'm sure I missed off a bit at either end... Not sure where I sourced the clip I used though, definately wasn't the NTSC Jap version though as that widescreen, so I'm guessing it's from a US VHS...

I started timing it at the point in which the chase begins and the moment the cars come to rest on there hoods which came to around 7 minutes. On the clip it's 7 minutes and 11 seconds. I didn't include the bit with Whitman pulling the guy out of the car just the actual chase itself.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
Blazing Magnum Car Chase
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 20:29 »

I started timing it at the point in which the chase begins and the moment the cars come to rest on there hoods which came to around 7 minutes. On the clip it's 7 minutes and 11 seconds. I didn't include the bit with Whitman pulling the guy out of the car just the actual chase itself.

Cool, I guess the timing discrepancy between everyone's timings of the car chase in 'Blazing Magnums' comes down to a couple of points...

1) The points that person decided the car chase started and ended
2) Whether the version they watched was NTSC or PAL

If either person had differing factors in either point they'd have mis-matched timings and hence an argument would ensue about who was right and who was wrong!

Let's just agree that the car chase was pretty long... And fucking leave it at that..

::)
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Stephen Grimes

Blazing Magnum Car Chase
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 20:33 »

How did the chase sequence from Blazing Magnum end up in the 'essential Eurocult books/magazines' thread anyway?  :-\

vigilanteforce

Blazing Magnum Car Chase
« Reply #8 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 20:37 »

I was wondering the same  :-\ Great car chase though ;)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
Re: Blazing Magnum Car Chase
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jul 2007 - 20:44 »

How did the chase sequence from Blazing Magnum end up in the 'essential Eurocult books/magazines' thread anyway?  :-\

It veered slightly off topic and I split the thread, sorry if some your posts got jumbled in the split amigos!

The Hunchback

« Reply #10 on: 14 Jul 2007 - 00:13 »

Looks like the youtube member snowrocket is a stickler for sound effects. What a wanker.
I say we give him some trouble on there. ::)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #11 on: 14 Jul 2007 - 09:04 »

Looks like the youtube member snowrocket is a stickler for sound effects. What a wanker.
I say we give him some trouble on there. ::)

"Sort of fun to watch, but flawed in so many ways. The main flaw is the sound dubbed in is ALL wrong for the cars being shown. Sound: 4 cylinder. Cars: V8"

Christ, I'd not seen that comment before! What a twat!   :-*

LANZETTA

« Reply #12 on: 14 Jul 2007 - 14:31 »

Excellent. I'll have to read this one this evening sometime. I read a bit of the BLAZING MAGNUM book last night.
Hey didn't know you bought this,any good? >:(

And like the rest of the movie the car chase is brill! :)

IL COMMISSARIO

« Reply #13 on: 14 Jul 2007 - 22:21 »

The book is very nice. Great layout filled with many nice photos. Wish somebody would do one of these for the westerns and peplums.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 36 queries.