Euro Cult Movie Forum > Police & Crime

Gangsters '70 (Mino Guerrini, 1968)

(1/6) > >>

Stephen Grimes:
Interesting heist movie about an old thief(Joseph Cotton) just released from prison who wants to do one last big job-a diamond robbery.It's a little dated but looks quite stylish with the screenplay written by Fernando di Leo.
The copy i have is a decent looking lbx Italian language print which has a censor notice dated from 1994 at the start,don't think it ever had a video release over there though?
There's also a German dvd release and Movietime have the English dub.Anyone seen either of these?
Movietime Distribution

Stephen Grimes:
German dvd on Carol Media-1.85:1 (16x9) with German language options only.
Just ordered a copy seeing as it's selling for less than 5€.

Jonny:
Can't go wrong for 5€!

Let us know what the quality is like when it arrives will you mate.

Johan Melle:
I've had this DVD for a while. Looks quite good but I found the film itself to be pretty boring in spite of the good cast. The DVD appears to be incomplete, however, as I was unable to find Linda Sini anywhere in the film in spite of her being prominently listed in the credits. It makes sense as I see Movietime lists 110 minutes as the running time - I can tell you that the German disc runs considerably shorter than that!

Too bad that the English version doesn't appear to have had a release. A full uncut version in English might have made me appreciate it more. As it was, I found it pretty unremarkable...

Stephen Grimes:

--- Quote from: Johan Melle on 06 Oct 2008 - 12:33 ---I've had this DVD for a while. Looks quite good but I found the film itself to be pretty boring in spite of the good cast. The DVD appears to be incomplete, however, as I was unable to find Linda Sini anywhere in the film in spite of her being prominently listed in the credits. It makes sense as I see Movietime lists 110 minutes as the running time - I can tell you that the German disc runs considerably shorter than that!

--- End quote ---
The Italian language version i have runs 1h 34m so there's a good chance that's incomplete as well.I'll have a comparison with the German dvd when it arrives in a week or two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version