• 27 Jan 2021 - 03:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maniac (Michael Carreras, 1963)  (Read 2084 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Maniac (Michael Carreras, 1963)
« on: 06 Oct 2008 - 10:47 »

Haven't watched it through yet but thought I'd post some grabs from this off air recording - from TCM in the US - of this early Hammer film.

Stars Kerwin Matthews as a drifter who becomes involved with a mother and daughter who want to spring their husband / father from an insane asylum. He's been there since murdering his daughters rapist with an acetylene torch...

Nice scope ratio print, not sure as to whether it's cut or not, anyone have any other copies of this film?

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
Re: Maniac (Michael Carreras, 1963)
« Reply #1 on: 06 Oct 2008 - 12:09 »

I have that widescreen recording too (4:3 lbx unfortunately - did anyone record it in 16:9?).  MANIAC and HYSTERIA are two of the harder Columbia tapes to come by in the US but MANIAC would be cropped (SCREAM OF FEAR seems more abundant).

I like MANIAC's scope photography along with NIGHTMARE but as thrillers I find SCREAM OF FEAR and PARANOIAC preferable.

Andrew Monroe

« Reply #2 on: 06 Oct 2008 - 14:57 »

I think SCREAM OF FEAR is probably my favorite of these thrillers but I quite liked this one too. Fantastically twisty plot...just when you think all has been revealed there`s one more stunning revelation.

I`ve also got HYSTERIA recorded from TCM but unfortunately that one was broadcast fullscreen.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #3 on: 06 Oct 2008 - 20:39 »

I think SCREAM OF FEAR and HYSTERIA were open-matte (the TCM of SCREAM OF FEAR was also fullscreen - but I guess we'll see when the Hammer set comes out).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.