• 16 Jan 2019 - 18:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Henry Silva..  (Read 8679 times)

Stephen Grimes

Re: Henry Silva..
« Reply #15 on: 15 Jul 2007 - 16:01 »

Maybe I need some glasses - or a better attention span!  :-\
Wake up Comp,wake up  :-\

LANZETTA

« Reply #16 on: 15 Jul 2007 - 16:32 »

No need to say what i think! ::)

Kalibre38

« Reply #17 on: 15 Jul 2007 - 18:16 »

Don't get me wrong. I don't think Silva is a brilliant actor, his attitude in movies makes him a good part for some kind of a crime lord or bad ass in those movies. :) Trust me I would't pick Silva to take over Clint Eastwoods part. I am only speaking of Italian Crime and the whole point of asking was not to get more names of American actors but to find out what YOUR favorites are. I am new here in case you didnt notice and would like to find out more about what your likes and dislikes are. Hope thats ok!  :D

vigilanteforce

« Reply #18 on: 15 Jul 2007 - 20:39 »

Welcome Kalibre 38!

I am sure Kalibre meant "most entertaining actor" or "most badass actor" or "most suitable for the Italian crime genre". Silva lacks the versatility of Tomas Milian or Franco Nero (who could play almost any kind of role) but he is damn perfect at the few things he does. So I wouldn't agree with Comp who says he lacks in talent. I would only agree with that statement if Silva was bad or laughable in his roles. He is not.

Kalibre38

« Reply #19 on: 15 Jul 2007 - 22:58 »

Vigilante understands! ;) 8) :-\

vigilanteforce

« Reply #20 on: 15 Jul 2007 - 23:07 »

8) :P

LANZETTA

« Reply #21 on: 15 Jul 2007 - 23:36 »

Maybe Bronson if he'd appeared in more.

I'm surprised there aren't any reviews up yet for REVOLVER or VIOLENT CITY. >:(

vigilanteforce

« Reply #22 on: 15 Jul 2007 - 23:45 »

Bronson and Eastwood hardly starred in Euro-Cult films and they are hardly remembered for that stuff, so I am surprised they are mentioned here. However, it would have been nice if they had done more stuff, specially crime films :)

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #23 on: 16 Jul 2007 - 08:35 »

Bronson and Eastwood hardly starred in Euro-Cult films and they are hardly remembered for that stuff, so I am surprised they are mentioned here. However, it would have been nice if they had done more stuff, specially crime films :)

a lot of Bronson's earlier films were of European origin, mate - stuff like RED SUN, FAREWELL FRIEND, COLD SEAT, VILACHI PAPERS, VIOLENCT CITY, etc. I think people tend to categorise a lot of his European films as "American films shot abroad".
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Dorado

« Reply #24 on: 16 Jul 2007 - 09:06 »

a lot of Bronson's earlier films were of European origin, mate - stuff like RED SUN, FAREWELL FRIEND, COLD SEAT, VILACHI PAPERS, VIOLENCT CITY, etc. I think people tend to categorise a lot of his European films as "American films shot abroad".

Adieu l'ami (Farewell Friend) is an intelligent and underrated heist film starring Charles Bronson and Alain Delon.
This film deserves to be better known IMO.

LANZETTA

« Reply #25 on: 16 Jul 2007 - 09:09 »

Bronson and Eastwood hardly starred in Euro-Cult films and they are hardly remembered for that stuff, so I am surprised they are mentioned here.
Hold on,don't spaghetti westerns  count as Euro-Cult,and everyone knows Leones films? :D

Anyway as regards crime thrillers Bronson is great in VIOLENT CITY and REVOLVER,as are the movies themselves which turned me unto exploring further into the genre.

But again about sw's,the likes Jean-Lous Trintignant,Henry Fonda,Rod Steiger or James Coburn never starred in more than a couple,but to all but the most die-hard sw fans are amongst the most remembered from this genre. :-X

vigilanteforce

« Reply #26 on: 16 Jul 2007 - 12:05 »

Hold on,don't spaghetti westerns  count as Euro-Cult,and everyone knows Leones films? :D

I guess they do count but how many of them did Bronson and Eastwood do? I said hardly cause they haven't done more than a couple.

spannick

« Reply #27 on: 16 Jul 2007 - 15:21 »

King Silva is the Best in CRY OF THE PROSTITUTE...  :P

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #28 on: 16 Jul 2007 - 15:25 »

He sweats like mad in CRY OF THE PROSTITUTE,must have been one hot Sicilian summer the year they made it :-\

vigilanteforce

« Reply #29 on: 16 Jul 2007 - 15:30 »

CRY OF A PROSTITUTE is a gem! How about an English-speaking DVD release Marin?  :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.351 seconds with 20 queries.