• 15 Dec 2017 - 13:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP UMBERTO LENZI  (Read 2885 times)

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton
RIP UMBERTO LENZI
« on: 19 Oct 2017 - 17:51 »

Umberto Lenzi started his career as a film critic and writer before directing spaghetti westerns and action dramas. Later on in his career, he branched out into the horror genre and became one of the greatest giallo thriller and Italian exploitation creators of all time. He’s most known for Italian and European hits like So Sweet, So Perverse (1969), An Ideal Place to Kill (1971), Seven Blood Stained Orchids (1972), Sacrifice (1972), Knife of Ice (1972), Spasmo (1974), Eaten Alive (1980), The House of Witchcraft (1989), Hell’s Gate (1989), House of Lost Souls (1989), Nightmare Beach (1989) and Black Demons (1991). His contributions to American cinema can be found in Almost Human (1974), Eyeball (1975), Nightmare City (1980), Cannibal Ferox (1981) and Ghosthouse (1988).

https://www.horrorsociety.com/2017/10/19/breaking-cult-italian-director-umberto-lenzi-passed-away/
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

KommissarX

• Special Cop In Action
Re: RIP UMBERTO LENZI
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2017 - 06:30 »

Oh no! Umberto Lenzi was a true jack-of-all-trades and one of the key figures in the Golden Age of Italian genre cinema. I think there might not be one genre he did not try his hand at during his long career. While I guess many of us got a first glimpse of his oeuvre through his thrillers and horror films, his great contributions to the poliziotteschi cannot be emphasised enough. It's very sad to realise this one-of-a-kind maverick is no longer around. Some of my earliest memories of Italian genre movies are inseparably linked to this man's name. A legend is gone but his gialli, crime and horror films will stand the test of time. R.I.P. Umberto!
Crudox cruo!

martino1705

• Almost Human
« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2017 - 14:58 »

Such sad news.......RIP Umberto.

I feel a double bill of Rome armed to the teeth and eyeball coming on!

Jeffrey

• Almost Human
  • "So many films...so little time."
« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2017 - 14:45 »

A favorite of mine.  Thanks for the legacy.

streetlaw

• Anonymous Avenger
« Reply #4 on: 04 Nov 2017 - 04:19 »

I had no idea... RIP.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.