• 19 Sep 2020 - 05:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comandamenti per un gangster (Alfio Caltabiano, 1968)  (Read 1628 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

djvaso

• Special Cop In Action
Re: Comandamenti per un gangster (Alfio Caltabiano, 1968)
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2020 - 07:52 »

Unfortunately, the new right owner is more interested in real estate business than in digitization of the movies from its archive.

Funktion

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2020 - 13:01 »

Unfortunately, the new right owner is more interested in real estate business than in digitization of the movies from its archive.

That sucks.  :o

It's depressing that a lot of films are "doomed" to be pretty much lost and forgotten, due to lack of availability.

I would tolerate a lot more streaming platforms if they actually made available older TV series and films, but it seems to them nothing exists before the 90's or 80's.
And naturally, foreign genre efforts are not on their radar either.

If these companies are unwilling to license them, or release them in physical media, I wish they would at least consider selling digital downloads of their catalogue, as is.

djvaso

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2020 - 17:54 »

All assets of the Avala Film, co-producer of the movie, which include 370,000m2 of land, 21,500m2 of ruined studios and office spaces in Belgrade and the vault with more of 200 features was sold for 8 million euros in 2015. The concern was expressed that "movie rights will fall into the hands of those not willing to use them, meaning such films might never be seen again". Now, the buyer wants to build a huge complex worth several hundred million euros on this land but it is still waiting for someone else to pay for the digitization.

BTW, the recent critic of the movie in the Serbian:
https://crippledcorner.blogspot.com/2020/07/poslednji-obracun.html

Funktion

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #4 on: 17 Aug 2020 - 19:12 »

All assets of the Avala Film, co-producer of the movie, which include 370,000m2 of land, 21,500m2 of ruined studios and office spaces in Belgrade and the vault with more of 200 features was sold for 8 million euros in 2015. The concern was expressed that "movie rights will fall into the hands of those not willing to use them, meaning such films might never be seen again". Now, the buyer wants to build a huge complex worth several hundred million euros on this land but it is still waiting for someone else to pay for the digitization.

BTW, the recent critic of the movie in the Serbian:
https://crippledcorner.blogspot.com/2020/07/poslednji-obracun.html
Thanks for the info, djvaso.  ;)

It's always disappointing to see how some people treat film as something totally disposable.
Unbelievably, it's relatively frequent to hear about negatives of genre films (especially indie exploitation films) being thrown away in the US by labs and storage spaces. Just a few months ago, I read about someone who ended up rescuing a few negatives from a dumpster on the back of a lab (the reels of one of the films ended up irrevocably damaged in the process, since the cans were open, inside a garbage container, in the sun).

If the current owners have no interest in doing anything, or monetizing those films, at least they should consider parting with them for a minimal fee.
I'm sure the Fondazione Cineteca Italiana would be more than happy to store and preserve these films.

djvaso

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2020 - 08:37 »

Unfortunately, the movie on our side is lost. Yugoslav Film Archive has only a theatrical copy in condition 5+ (5 is the worst condition).

Funktion

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2020 - 10:12 »

Unfortunately, the movie on our side is lost. Yugoslav Film Archive has only a theatrical copy in condition 5+ (5 is the worst condition).
:o

Here's hoping a better print is around somewhere, maybe in a private collection.
After what happened with Fritz Lang's Metropolis, I'll keep hoping for the best.  :P

Commissario Walter Grandi

• Anonymous Avenger
« Reply #7 on: 07 Sep 2020 - 21:57 »

Another member and I very recently made fansubs for the German VHS in CG.

Funktion

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #8 on: 08 Sep 2020 - 08:56 »

Another member and I very recently made fansubs for the German VHS in CG.
Thanks for the heads-up (and for your efforts, Commissario Walter Grandi).  ;)

It's great to see the "community" working to preserve these films.  8)

djvaso

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #9 on: 11 Sep 2020 - 06:47 »

I paid for the film certificate and it seems that Italians have the rights for the whole world:
NOTIFICATO ALLA SIAE IL 13 FEBBRAIO 2013 ORE 10 PROT 63063
(ATTO DATATO 17/4/1991 REG A A. E. DI ROMA 3 IL 22/1/2013 AL
N 1287 SERIE 3)

NOTA DI TRASCRIZIONE

nel P.R.C. presso la S.I.A.E. del presente atto, con il quale la PIERRE ler ITALIA SpA, con sede in Roma Via Archimede 97 presso GE.DO srl, codice fiscale 08412510581, in persona del legale rappresentante Amministratore Unico Sig. Christian Raymond Garrel ha ceduto e trasferito alla Art Film srl, con sede in Roma, viale Bruno Buozzi 5, in persona del legale rappresentante amministratore unico Sig. Antonio Francesco Marta, codice fiscale 05955470587 la quota pari al 100% (cento per cento) della totalità di tutti i diritti di sfruttamento ed utilizzazione economica in ogni forma e formato scoperto o da scoprire nessuno escluso ed eccettuato, inclusi a titolo esemplicativo ma non osaustivo diritti cinematografici   televisivi sia free, che a pagamento, cable tv, audiovisivi su ogni supporto scoperto o da scoprire videodischi, videocassette, e in genere ogni altro diritto, in ogni tempo insorto o insorgendo, su ogni supporto scoperto o da scoprire per tutto il mondo incluso il territorio dell'Italia, in perpetuo e sine die nonché di tutti i materiali ovunque depositari, dei seguenti film:

COMANDAMENTI PER UN GANGSTER           reg. Alfio Caltabiano                       PRC 4230

LA VENDETTA DI MONTECRISTO                reg. Robert Vernay                         PRC 1393

IL TESORO DI MONTECRISTO                   reg. Robert Vernay                         PRC 1394

PICCOLI AMICI                                      reg. Hans Albin                              PRC 1754

ELISIR D'AMORE                                     reg. Amleto Palermi                        PRC 228
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.