• 16 Jul 2019 - 23:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Polizia selvaggia / The Girlfriend / Cani (Guido Zurli, 1977)  (Read 7334 times)

Stephen Grimes

The Wild Eye blog
Great review by Matt Blake of this obscure Italian/Turkish co-production,low budget but well made and quite sleazy/brutal in places (Colette Descombes and a fishtank-I RAGAZZI DELLA ROMA VIOLENTA style!).Doesn't appear to have had any video release that i know of though there's a very nice looking lbx Italian language CSC print doing the rounds,anyone know if this and the uncut IL POLIZIOTTO É MARCIO print are actually from the 'Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia' film vaults?

Pollanet

Re: Polizia selvaggia (Guido Zurli ,1977)
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2008 - 22:48 »

CSC in Rome has a copy in 35 mm of almost all italian movies of the 70's... i think that a telecinema of each 35 mm is available for the director or for who owns the rights of the movie - if he hasn't better quality materials (copies are in positive, the owners of the right should be have also the original negative)

not always CSC has the uncut or the director cut, seems to remember that producers could distribuite different copies to bypass control organization... but this bootleg release is the only one you can find

however a very 'sgarbato' movie, IMO the best italian/turkish co-production with La gang dell'Arancia meccanica

JoseADiego

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2008 - 07:52 »

OHHH YEAAAAA !!!!!!

This movie is incredible.....!!!!....Very violent  ;)

I have a copy of a Tv channel Turkish  :-\....The problem is that I don't understand anything....But some images are you magnify

Captures

WEB

http://psychotronickultvideo.blogspot.com/

Sale Videos

http://videoguia.spaces.live.com/

vigilanteforce

« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2008 - 11:04 »

I had never heard of this one before Stephen mentioned it sometime ago but after reading the good reviews I know I will like it! Cool title and cool manifesto artwork too  ;)

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2008 - 11:45 »

Thanks for the helpful info Polla :P

It really is a superb movie and alot more violent and fast moving than Zurli's other Istanbul-set crime film TARGET (Bersaglio altezza uomo) with Luc Merenda which feels abit tame in comparison though i've always liked this alot as well,just glad i was able to see it via a decent looking print.

Forgot to mention that Georgio Ardisson also stars,looking very much like an Italian Terry Thomas :'(

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2008 - 12:52 »

Hey Jose - I'm happy to subtitle the Turkish print for you if you are able to provide me with a rip my friend?  :P

(By the way, the Turkish version is titled Gizli Kuvvet which basically means 'Hidden Power')

vigilanteforce

« Reply #6 on: 29 Oct 2008 - 17:06 »

There is a good-looking Italian print available as well. Why subtitle the inferior one from Turkey?

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #7 on: 31 Oct 2008 - 19:37 »

There should be an English dub of this floating around somewhere as it's listed in the sales catalogue Nuovo Cinema Europeo under the export title FACE OF A THIEF. I don't think the English version ever surfaced on VHS, though...

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #8 on: 01 Nov 2008 - 12:50 »

I don't think the English version ever surfaced on VHS, though...
I'm nearly sure it never had any kind of video release in any language,unless someone out there knows different.

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #9 on: 02 Nov 2008 - 13:29 »

There is a good-looking Italian print available as well. Why subtitle the inferior one from Turkey?

My Turkish is much better than my Italian, so I wouldn't have too much trouble subbing it. Plus, (personally) I'd much prefer to see the Turkish actors in the film like Tarik Akan speaking in their own language than dubbed into Italian. The offer is there if anyone needs it.

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #10 on: 17 Nov 2008 - 12:31 »

Many many thanks for the copy of the Turkish print Jose  :P
I'm going to start work on the subtitles for this as soon as I can (though I'm moving abroad, so it may take a month or so whilst I relocate).

Will post again once finished in case anyone is interested in the .srt file.

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #11 on: 26 Dec 2008 - 12:14 »

Thanks once again to Jose for supplying the Turkish language print of 'Polizia Selvaggia' / 'Cani'.

The subtitles are finally finished for this superb movie - however, they're not really appropriate for the Italian language print as a) The Turks have tailored the character names, locations and plot to their fit in with their own culture & country  b) The Turkish print suffers from regular print damage which would send it out of synch in numerous places if matched up with the Italian print.

I wonder with script came first? \the ratio of Italian & Turkish actors in the film is about 50/50.

If anyone owns a copy of the Turkish print and wants the .srt file from me then drop me a PM. For anyone that doesn't and is interested, with Jose's permission, I will upload the film + the subs on CG for those that use the site.  :D

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #12 on: 04 Aug 2009 - 20:54 »

Just thought that I'd resurrect this thread as, after a brief comparison, I've discovered that there are some huge differences between the Italian CSC print and the Turkish language print.

***BEWARE SPOLIERS AHEAD***

The Italian CSC print clocks in at around 86 mins 23 secs.
Wonderful looking wide print - but the first noticeable difference to the Turkish version is that the credits play over shots of Istanbul, whereas in the Turkish print, the film bursts straight into a robbery (playing over the title credits) and then continues into a prolonged roof top shoot out with police. This whole sequence is missing from the Italian version.

Second major difference is the level of nudity. The Turkish version omits some of the stronger nudity in the film. In the Italian print there is a scene of Karin Well naked and being helped get dressed by Colette Descombes which is not in the Turkish version. The Turkish version is also missing Piero Fabiani sadistically tugging at Karin Well's exposed breast and also some more stronger shots of the forced lesbian grope. These are all present in the Italian print...

...now, where the beautiful Italian print really messes up is right at the end of the film. Here the film ends when Tarik Akan corners Piero Fabiani and tells him that [spoiler]his loot is fake.[/spoiler] However the Turkish version continues for an extra 5 minutes and features a chase through the docks culminating in a fight with Piero brandishing a power drill - this far superior ending is completely (and inexplicably) excised from the Italian print!

I was thinking of attempting a composite but sadly the difference in quality between the two versions is too great and would result in a choppy, patchwork job. But if anyone has a good looking Turkish print (e.g. straight from the original VHS), then please drop me a PM   :D

Federico

• One Just Man
    • Freak-O-Rama
« Reply #13 on: 23 Oct 2009 - 22:25 »

This is a very sad month for italian cinema.
My friends Rino Di Silvestro and Franco Villa died recently and I've just got news that Guido Zurli died today.

I've met him in June for an interview about Thompson 1880 and he wasn't in perfect shape but he was extremely nice and kind.

Ciao Guido...

NEW SITE 2014 www.freakorama.org

Rogerio Ferraz

« Reply #14 on: 24 Oct 2009 - 03:10 »

Sad news indeed!
An underated director imo.
R.I.P. Guido...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 35 queries.