• 16 Sep 2019 - 01:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oltre la porta aka Beyond The Door - English audio needed  (Read 1174 times)

bronxwarriors1990

Does anyone have a copy of Liliana Cavani's Oltre la porta aka Beyond The Door with good quality English audio? I have the letterboxed Italian language DVD but want to get English audio to make my own 'fan edit'.

My various American DVDs are public domain discs which are below par.

Any help would be great!

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
Re: Oltre la porta aka Beyond The Door - English audio needed
« Reply #1 on: 03 Nov 2008 - 16:39 »

Can't really help out with this one but I just want to caution you about the Spanish DVD. I bought that disc because it was reported to have an English language track but then it turned out that it was non-English friendly. So beware!

bronxwarriors1990

Re: Oltre la porta aka Beyond The Door - English audio needed
« Reply #2 on: 04 Nov 2008 - 08:47 »

Thanks for the tip - the fun of Euro-DVD collecting, huh?

When I was in Italy recently, I found a copy of Raro Video's YOUNG, VIOLENT AND DANGEROUS. I thought "great!" because I researched it on the internet and learned that the disc carries English options...but there was nothing to indicate this on the packaging. So I agonised over buying it until finally saying "screw it" and took the chance - turns out to have English audio, English subtitles for the Italian track, and the featurette on the disc also has subs!

If I do get around to doing this fan-dub Johan, I'll drop you a copy. I must admit though - I am tempted to simply add subtitles to the Italian version rather than replacing the audio. I have the Italian DVD of Cavani's FRANCESCO - The Mickey Rourke version, not the Lou Castel version which I would love to see - which contains the complete 150 minute Italian language edit with English subs. In this form it is a great film, but in the shortened English edit it seems comical. I like Rourke as an actor, but his own voice does not suit the film. Therefore I wonder if the Italian audio of BEYOND THE DOOR is closer to Cavani's intentions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 34 queries.