• 18 Jun 2019 - 09:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Book on horror films, by Pupi Avati?!  (Read 2619 times)

lordretsudo

Book on horror films, by Pupi Avati?!
« on: 09 Jul 2010 - 15:08 »

I recently heard of a book on Italian horror films, by director Pupi Avati. There is an English language version of this book which is apparently available at Argento's Profondo Rosso store in Rome. Beyond that, I haven't been able to find a copy for sale anywhere, or indeed any other information about it. Has anybody else heard of this, or perhaps knows where to buy a copy? Avati is one of my favourite directors and I'd really like to get my hands on this book!

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
Re: Book on horror films, by Pupi Avati?!
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jul 2010 - 15:31 »

Profondo Rosso has an on-line store, but there's nothing coming up there. Did you hear about it from a reliable source? It does kinda ring a bell with me but my brain is mush so I could have imagined it.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jul 2010 - 17:41 »

I'd be up for a copy of it is true.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Zarith

« Reply #3 on: 09 Jul 2010 - 20:48 »

I've searched everywhere and find nothing.

The only book I'm aware of is Il Gotico Padano, Dialogo Con Pupi Avati (Ruggero Adamovit, Claudio Bartolini), but it's not in English.

lordretsudo

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jul 2010 - 07:46 »

This is purportedly a page from the book:

It looks like it could have done with being proof-read (I'd have done it for free!), but looks very interesting.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2010 - 09:21 »

This is purportedly a page from the book:

It looks like it could have done with being proof-read (I'd have done it for free!), but looks very interesting.

It's not Pupi Avati talking in that book it's Luigi Cozzi. Cozzi directed THE NUDE PORTER...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0170432/

Cozzi also writes most of the books published by Profondo Rosso.  :D
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

lordretsudo

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jul 2010 - 10:36 »

Ah, that explains why I can't find it then!  I did wonder about Avati being involved with something like NOSFERATU IN VENICE...

TheCaptain

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jul 2010 - 23:42 »

I can report that there is indeed an English language book devoted to the films of Pupi Avati - I did own a copy but sold it on to someone that wanted it more than me. It's a hardback and is large A4 landscape format and features Avati on the cover on set. The dust jacket is black with a colour photo and white text. It is illustrated but not with a great number of stills and those that are there are in black and white. As far as I am aware it was produced in a limited quantity for a retrospective film festival screening of his works a few years past (like a really lavish promo pressbook - hence why it does not seem to appear on book searches). Also, I know for a fact that later on copies were given away for free to those that attended a New York retrospective. Avati was in attendance for some of the screenings and did a Q&A and signings with the audience afterwards. I can't remember the exact name of the book but I'm almost sure it was simply PUPI AVATI. Horror is not the main theme of the book as he hasn't made many from this genre. If I can find/remember any more info I'll post a follow up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 35 queries.