• 27 Jun 2022 - 15:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Death At Owell Rock (Riccardo Freda, 1967)  (Read 4135 times)

LANZETTA

Death At Owell Rock (Riccardo Freda, 1967)
« on: 14 Jul 2007 - 13:09 »

A retired army officer,Major White is killed in the town of Owell Rock and but an eye witness has evidence that the murderers were led by Doc Lester,eldest son of a neighbouring tyrannical family. However while on the way to the judge the witness is caught by Lesters men who force the towns doctor to cut out his tongue.

Fifteen years later the Majors son Lawrence(Stephen Forsyth) and Elizabeth,the beautiful daughter of Colonel Pearson arrive at Owell Rock having just survived an attack from Lesters men  on route,and were saved by quick on the draw drifter Harry Boyd(Mark Damon).Lawrence learns from his sister Jane that their father was murdered by the Lesters for his land,and that the murder had been pinned on a Mexican Rodriguez who had fled.Reluctantly the seemingly cowardly Lawrence pursues getting the judge to re-open the case but the odds are stacked against with the Lesters now ruling the town and Colonel Pearson,the town doctor and sheriff are all murdered.However Boyd is still in town and causing all sorts of problems with Lesters men.

Full of surprises I found this western hugely entertaining and theres a real clever twist about an hour into the movie.Mark Damon is excellent as the happy go lucky drifter who handles himself well with his fists in addition to his gun prowess.The shoot out and gun duels in the finale were handled imaginatively,and the musical score very enjoyable too.

My rating ,8 out of 10. :) 

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: Death At Owell Rock (Riccardo Freda, 1967)
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2007 - 15:24 »

I don't really know much about Freda - I'm only familiar with his horror flicks, and haven't seen too many of those. This sounds like fun, Lanzetta.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

LANZETTA

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2007 - 16:38 »

Its current rating on imdb is 8.8 out of 10(6 votes). :D

The Hunchback

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2007 - 04:27 »

Its current rating on imdb is 8.8 out of 10(6 votes). :D

That must be the highest ranked SW on imdb.
Even more so than GBU.

LANZETTA

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jul 2007 - 09:20 »

Though probably not a very balanced rating as those 6 voters are most likely sw nutters like us. :D

I sat on this film for about a year before watching it convinced it was bound to be very average so in the end it was a nice surprise. :P

Italo-West-Fan

« Reply #5 on: 29 Sep 2012 - 08:33 »

This one will be released from Koch Media in the nixt time...

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #6 on: 29 Sep 2012 - 08:52 »

This one will be released from Koch Media in the nixt time...

I have the old VPD vhs of this... looking forward to the Koch DVD, remember enjoying this SW. Koch also have Baldi's Get Mean coming – one of my favourites!
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

Italo-West-Fan

« Reply #7 on: 29 Sep 2012 - 09:33 »

Is the VPD VHS the british Fullscreen version ?
I have a english Fullscreen version and a swedish (???) VHS in the Orignal Aspect Ratio, also in english, but the picture quality is very medicore....
I also looking forward for te Koch DVD ! It'a a very cool western with a good soundtrack !

Hellochas

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #8 on: 29 Sep 2012 - 17:06 »

I'm pretty sure it is full-screen, although it's been at least 15 years since I've seen it. Not a bad little westen IIRC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.