• 19 Apr 2021 - 12:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Psychopath (1965, Freddie Francis)  (Read 3164 times)

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
Psychopath (1965, Freddie Francis)
« on: 27 Sep 2008 - 20:57 »

Has this one ever been released on tape in widescreen anywhere?  My copy is a DVDR of an old TV broadcast.  It's by no means a great film but after seeing Francis' THE SKULL in scope finally (this film shares a lot of the same crew as well as Patrick Wymark), I'd love to see PSYCHOPATH in Techniscope as I'm sure the visuals are more striking with the correct framing.

This one was released by Paramount in the US but never turned up on tape (not a surprise in the rental days but THE SKULL turned up as a cropped EP mode Gateway/Paramount release in the nineties).  Does Paramount still own this in the US or is it like DR. TERROR'S HOUSE OF HORRORS whose US video releases retained the Paramount logo even though it was in the Republic catalog?  Who distributed PSYCHOPATH in the UK?

Andrew Monroe

Re: Psychopath (1965, Freddie Francis)
« Reply #1 on: 04 Oct 2008 - 01:45 »

I`ve wanted to see this one for ages...it`s the one film of that group of psycho thrillers (MANIAC, HYSTERIA, NIGHTMARE. PARANOIAC, SCREAM OF FEAR, etc) that`s eluded me. Reading Weldon`s review in the first Psychotronic book way back when just made it even more enticing. Sure would`ve been nice if this film was part of the Legend package.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #2 on: 04 Oct 2008 - 01:55 »

Actually PSYCHOPATH is an Amicus production but its no less inspired by PSYCHO.

Andrew Monroe

« Reply #3 on: 04 Oct 2008 - 02:03 »

Yes, I know it`s an Amicus film, I just group it in with the whole lot of PSYCHO/DIABOLIQUE inspired films. My fault for not making that clear, btw.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #4 on: 04 Oct 2008 - 04:41 »

Yes, I know it`s an Amicus film, I just group it in with the whole lot of PSYCHO/DIABOLIQUE inspired films. My fault for not making that clear, btw.

And a couple of the Hammer ones are directed by Freddie Francis.

babybreese

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #5 on: 04 Jan 2009 - 20:17 »

There is a german widescreen print floating around, not quite correctly framed.  It might be 2.00 or so.
I agree, watching this after seeing the scope SKULL, it seems Freddie gave this a serious attempt ( despite the scripts problems and brevity ) and it looks like it would play far better seen wide.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.