• 29 Nov 2020 - 05:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For our Italian speakers/readers what are the best Italian language books on  (Read 2954 times)

K August

Hi guys,

I'm finally starting Italian at university this week and I'd like to know what Italian language genre film books and magazine(s) would be best for a beginner like myself:

Subjects:

1) Dario Argento (has anyone purchased that Four Flies on Grey Velvet book?)

2) Gialli

3) Horror

4) Spaghetti Westerns

also has anyone picked up that Elio Petri biography/dvd set?

grazie

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

I love Petri!

Any link to this set?

Do the films include English subs?
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

K August

I love Petri!

Any link to this set?

Unfortunately, no English subs in the dvd documentary or the book. Link follows:

ibs.it-Petri

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

I love Petri!

Any link to this set?

Unfortunately, no English subs in the dvd documentary or the book. Link follows:

ibs.it-Petri

Dang!   :-[

I'd like to see Criterion or Eclipse (or Master of Cinema of BFI) release a DVD box-set of his films with english subs.  :-X
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Not about any of the subjects you listed Kim but I've always wanted to know what this book is like...

'Italia Odia. Il Cinema Poliziesco Italiano'  by Roberto Curti. 432 pages, no pictures, on the Italian Crime genre.

:'(

K August

Not about any of the subjects you listed Kim but I've always wanted to know what this book is like...

'Italia Odia. Il Cinema Poliziesco Italiano'  by Roberto Curti. 432 pages, no pictures, on the Italian Crime genre.

:'(

Jonny,

wow that's one when I get to the native speaker/reader level.  ;D

and Michael, yeah I wish Criterion would do a Petri set. You think the Oscar for Citizen would prompt them to do something.

I might look into Cine 70 (as per Stephen Grimes recommendation). Just waiting on Italian proficiency, and articles on someone I'm a fan of.  :D

Pollanet

I bought Italia odia some years ago but I found it a bit 'heavy' for my taste... i never ended this book  :(

unfortunately I don't know very well books about Argento/horror/gialli/westerns....

hennesseybrown

The Bruschini and / or Tentori books are nice.

You might also find the Glittering Images ones good on account of having dual English and Italian text, even if the translations in the English sometimes read a bit weird.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.