• 23 Oct 2020 - 11:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: God Forgives...I Don't / Dio perdona... io no! (Guiseppi Colizzi, 1967)  (Read 11133 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Makes you wonder what happened with the 3rd in the trilogy then,BOOT HILL. ???
Definately the poorest out the three, but still a watchable western in my opinion ;D
Thought i was gonna see the Wildeast widescreen version of BOOT HILL recently but i got mis-sold the wrong disc by an independant seller on US Amazon. :-[

My poor pan and scan version is unwatchable. :(
I've got a wild-east edition but apparently the 2-disc Italian one is best, i still need to pick it up.

I'm still going to keep the wild-east edition for the whole set ::)

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

IL COMMISSARIO

But GOD FORGIVES...is deliberately paced. I think this was to replicate the dragged out scenes in Leone's movies. I rather enjoyed the card playing scene from the beginning. With the camera angles it was quite well shot. The only thing I didn't like about this one is the score as it seemed better suited for a peplum movie.

LANZETTA

I'm not very keen on the musical scores in any of Colizzi's films, he seems to have a thing about circus music. ???

I  noticed the effective use of the Leone-like camera angles throughout and i liked the use of all those fast frames to illustrate the brutal devastation on the train.

But i didn't think Leone particularly dragged out his scenes until after the Dollars trilogy. :-X

IL COMMISSARIO

Touche!  :P

fdsmedia

DFW:

Atlantic Film:

DFW:

Atlantic Film:

The Scandinavian release has got shorter, letterboxed opening credits and afterwards becomes fullscreen...

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Gary B.

Unlike Spencer however, Hill could carry a movie on his own.
I don't know man, the Piedone series and Banana Joe were all pretty good in my eyes...

Fabio

I came nito this one mostly because I'm a completist. The plot didn't interest me but everyone seems to like it. And...........I am now one of them. I viewed it on a piece o' shit DVD. televista or something. (This terrible quality usually ruins the movies for me). I enjoyed it anyway. Loved the unique atmosphere and such.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.