• 29 May 2020 - 02:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: British spy/crime series  (Read 2565 times)

Dorado

British spy/crime series
« on: 14 Mar 2009 - 18:40 »

I wonder if anyone in here have an interest in or knowledge about British spy/crime series.

I just ordered “A perfect spy” (1987, Peter smith), and “Smiley’s people” (1982),and  if they are as good as I expect I will order more of the same stuff in the near future.

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action
  • Soon to be a Major Motion Picture
Re: British spy/crime series
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2009 - 23:38 »

I think everyone on this board has probably watched their share of THE PROFESSIONALS, and a friend just loaned me season one of THE SANDBAGGERS.

Is that the sort of thing you mean?

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2009 - 23:48 »

I think everyone on this board has probably watched their share of THE PROFESSIONALS, and a friend just loaned me season one of THE SANDBAGGERS.
never heard of THE SANDBAGGERS, any good?

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Dorado

« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2009 - 00:03 »

Is that the sort of thing you mean?
I already have the entire  "The Professionals" series and I'm thinking about getting "the sandbaggers" series to, but yes it was along those lines I was thinking.

Alfetta

« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2009 - 20:52 »

I can thoroughly recommend The Sandbaggers. I suppose it's quite talky and like most British TV of the 70s rather studio-bound, but the writing and acting is top notch. Oh, and John Steiner is in a series 3 episode!

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action
  • Soon to be a Major Motion Picture
« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2009 - 12:27 »

never heard of THE SANDBAGGERS, any good?

Yeah, I think the whole point of the show is that it is basically action-free but tense nonetheless. Instead of seeing the action in the field, you see all the intelligence men preparing for it, and then after the action has occurred (off-screen) you see all the fallout and aftermath.

From what little I've seen it looks worthwhile, but I don't currently have the time to sit down and watch...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 36 queries.