• 16 Sep 2019 - 07:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bradford Film Festival - March 09  (Read 1567 times)

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica
Bradford Film Festival - March 09
« on: 18 Mar 2009 - 10:08 »

Howdy,

Just wondered if anyone was going along to any screenings here.

There are a few interesting films being shown as part of a widescreen weekend, including Where Eagles Dare (now sadly sold-out), Khartoum, Beckett, Year of the Dragon, The Electric Horseman, The Bible...in the Beginning and How the West Was Won as well as some Cinerama demonstration films. More Info

I will be going to see Khartoum and Beckett on Sunday 22nd.
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Bradford Film Festival - March 09
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2009 - 10:33 »

Would love to have seen WHERE EAGLES DARE in 70mm! I'm unable to attend any dates at the widescreen weekend this year, might be up for the Fantastic Films Weekend though.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
    • Mondo Esoterica
« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2009 - 13:28 »

Would love to have seen WHERE EAGLES DARE in 70mm! I'm unable to attend any dates at the widescreen weekend this year, might be up for the Fantastic Films Weekend though.

I heard that 'Star Trek - Wrath of Khan' and 'Dune' were to be the big evening showings at this year's FFF, but not sure what else is on. I was rather disappointed last year since several of the screenings were from DVD and a lot of the audience were rather impolite during screenings - laughing uproariously at every old fashioned effect etc.

Worth it to see the two Harry Kumel films though...

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2009 - 13:37 »

I was rather disappointed last year since several of the screenings were from DVD and a lot of the audience were rather impolite during screenings - laughing uproariously at every old fashioned effect etc.

I go out of my way to avoid the DVD screenings, I'd rather watch a battered vintage print of SCARS OF DRACULA any day over a DVD showing of a much better film.

Audiences laughing at improper moments is the main reason why I no longer go to the Zombie Allnighter during the Leeds Film Festival. Call me a fussy old bugger but it annoys the hell out of me.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
    • Mondo Esoterica
« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2009 - 10:03 »

Wow, Khartoum looked amazing shown on the curved screen. I've seen this one on DVD and TV and just never realised how truly epic it was. Certainly worth seeing.

A note for anyone interested, Cross of Iron is playing next Saturday at 4pm, I'll be there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 34 queries.