• 26 Jun 2022 - 11:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Gangbuster / L'Avvocato Della Mala (Alberto Maras, 1977)  (Read 10279 times)

vigilanteforce

Is it true that this is an unofficial follow-up to LIVE LIKE A COP DIE LIKE A MAN? It could be as it is directed by Alberto Marras who had produced Deodato's classic and Ray Lovelock stars. Has anybody actually seen this one? Is it any good?

Is it true there is a cheap UK disc of it that is letterboxed at 1:78:1? I am really curious to know more details on the disc, it appears to be OOP.

Stephen Grimes

Re: Gangbuster/L'Avvocato Della Mala (Alberto Maras, 1977)
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2007 - 18:05 »

I'd like to see this myself,good cast including John Steiner and Lilli Carati.
Ordered this locandina 2 weeks back and it still hasn't arrived along with 2 others!!

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2007 - 18:13 »

Here's the link to the UK dvd,i'm starting to think that it was announced but never released.Also it says a runtime of 57 minutes and is made to look like a softcore movie!!

Amazon link HERE

vigilanteforce

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2007 - 18:56 »

Seeing the original locandina and then seeing the atrocious UK DVD cover is too funny... Does anybody actually have this DVD? I really wonder... Perhaps they have just confused it with another movie at amazon? I haven't been able to find this on eBay either. The original Italian VHS of that usually sells for 40 Euros.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2007 - 16:47 »

Seeing the original locandina and then seeing the atrocious UK DVD cover is too funny... Does anybody actually have this DVD? I really wonder... Perhaps they have just confused it with another movie at amazon?

I've been trying to find a copy of that DVD for years! I'm almost certain it's an error on Amazon's part but I'd love to get my hands on a copy to make sure for certain!

vigilanteforce

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul 2007 - 20:24 »

I am positive that it is an error although I wish there was a nice DVD of the movie. Fucking Amazon :)

Don't believe there was ever an English dub for this movie but correct me if I am wrong!

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #6 on: 29 Jul 2007 - 12:45 »

Don't believe there was ever an English dub for this movie but correct me if I am wrong!
Are there any video releases outside of Italy,did it have a Greek release?

I always find the information on Italian movie distributors lists/sites tells you what languages are available.

vigilanteforce

« Reply #7 on: 29 Jul 2007 - 20:38 »

No, GANGBUSTER never had a Greek release. Too bad because it sounds like a movie I would enjoy a lot.

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action
  • Soon to be a Major Motion Picture
« Reply #8 on: 10 Nov 2007 - 03:57 »

There's a grey-market disc of this film from Atlas Visuals with a German dub:

http://www.atlasvisuals.com/euro_crime_a_l.htm

Same star/writer (Ray Lovelock/Claudio Fragasso) as RISKING.

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #9 on: 16 Nov 2007 - 18:17 »

Okay, so I just watched my grey-market DVD of this (head credits in English, but German dub).

The "new" story in this movie involves some criminal happenings surrounding a fine-art deal. Ray Lovelock basically acts as a liaison between the buyer and seller (Mel Ferrer, John Steiner). There are some fistfights (one is rather martial-arts slanted) and some other minor scenes of action.

But the major action set-pieces (car chases, prison fights) all come as re-used footage from RISKING, another Ray Lovelock vehicle.

Meine Deutsch is a little rusty, so I couldn't figure out what pretext the film used to try to work in these RISKING scenes, but it seemed pretty cheap and sloppy. The Lovelock character had a voice-over "inner monologue" right before one of the car chases so as to explain why he went from brokering an art deal to driving a big rig (er, lorry) full of eggs.

The music composition is credited (on imdb -- not my disc, which leaves it anonymous) to Ubaldo Continiello. But the music is all over the map. Some of it sounds like Micalizzi's BEYOND THE DOOR music, and one scene very clearly IS Micalizzi music, as a foot chase occurs to the theme from MERCILESS MAN.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #10 on: 16 Nov 2007 - 18:22 »

and one scene very clearly IS Micalizzi music, as a foot chase occurs to the theme from MERCILESS MAN.
Great piece of music this,Micalizzi at his best IMO.

vigilanteforce

« Reply #11 on: 16 Nov 2007 - 19:44 »

Okay, so I just watched my grey-market DVD of this (head credits in English, but German dub).

Curious to see how that copy looks, I was thinking of buying an Italian VHS of the film but never did...

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #12 on: 16 Nov 2007 - 20:03 »

Transfer from a VHS with its share of video dirt and noise. Watchable.

Stephen Grimes

« Reply #13 on: 29 Mar 2008 - 18:08 »

Saw the Italian version of this the other day,quite similar to RISKING but nowhere near as good as i thought it would be.John Steiner must have made it just before or after CALIGULA as he appears with a completely baldhead,Carati looks stunning as usual.

MikeMalloy

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #14 on: 30 Mar 2008 - 17:02 »

"Quite similar to RISKING?"

Yikes! That's an understatement, considering that GANGBUSTERS re-used entire sequences from RISKING -- including a long car chase, the big rig (lorry) scenes, and the prison scenes.

(It's actually pretty funny to watch Lovelock's hairstyle go back and forth between the RISKING footage and the GANGBUSTER footage.)

Stephen, what was the plot? I watched an Italian-language version, and could only follow it a little...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.