• 15 Apr 2021 - 05:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 10,000 Ways To Die: A Director's Take On The Spaghetti Western (Alex Cox, 2009)  (Read 7018 times)

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

What seems like ages in the planning, Alex Cox's guide to spaghetti westerns is finally coming out in May. I pre-ordered it from Amazon a couple of months ago and am really looking forward to giving it a read.

10,000 Ways To Die: A Director's Take On The Spaghetti Western on Amazon

"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Canisius

Yup, this one sounds interesting!

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

What seems like ages in the planning, Alex Cox's guide to spaghetti westerns is finally coming out in May. I pre-ordered it from Amazon a couple of months ago and am really looking forward to giving it a read.

Thanks for the heads-up pardner!  :P

I like Alex Cox and I like, like, like Spaghetti Westerns so I'll be picking this up.  :-X

"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Looks like a MUST buy.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

ddmichael

I take it this must be a revised version of the manuscript that was available for download on his site. I'm guessing he must have updated it a bit, as I think he originally wrote it about 20 years ago, and if memory serves, what I read was a bit patchy, though I shouldn't really comment without looking at it again. I like Cox though, and really enjoyed his old Moviedrome intros, though I was a little disappointed that he mixed up Horst Frank and Peter O'Brien in his intro for THE BIG SHOWDOWN on ITV4 - Thomas Weisser makes the same error in his book, so perhaps Cox was blindly using that for his info...big mistake.

Bogan The Wanderer

The impression I'm under is that this is a complete rewrite, with Cox working his way through his big spaghetti collection and doing new reviews for them all.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

The impression I'm under is that this is a complete rewrite,

Yeah, my understanding is that the title is the only thing the two books have in common.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

I've downloaded the document and read the intro and the Good section so far.  Pretty good stuff.  I'm lookin' forward to the updated book.  :-X
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"

Had an email nofication from Amazon saying that this has gone back until the beginning of May.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

TheDuke

Thanks for the heads-up on this, looks like it'll be well worth getting. I think Alex also mentioned on his website that that he'll be curating a season of Spaghetti Westerns at the NFT in London sometime this summer.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"

This finally arrived on n Monday – was flicking through it last night and I have to say, it's a nice book. Definitely an essential purchase for lovers of spaghetti westerns.

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

This finally arrived on n Monday – was flicking through it last night and I have to say, it's a nice book. Definitely an essential purchase for lovers of spaghetti westerns.

My copy arrived about a week ago.  I'm up to 1964 and watching any film in the book (if I haven't seen it yet) before reading Cox's comments on said film.

Very enjoyable read.  :-X
SNAPORAZ!

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

I'm just over 200 pages in, well worth a read ::)

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

drmiaow

• Special Cop In Action

I'm slowly working my way through this as well. I'm not really a fan of Cox's films, but he writes well, with insight and a lot of love. Some good snippets of information, too.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.