• 17 Feb 2020 - 11:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10,000 Ways To Die: A Director's Take On The Spaghetti Western (Alex Cox, 2009)  (Read 5386 times)

Michael Blanton

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • Michael Blanton

I'm slowly working my way through this as well. I'm not really a fan of Cox's films, but he writes well, with insight and a lot of love. Some good snippets of information, too.

I like Cox's films, but one that's a little different than most is EL PATRULLERO (THE PATROLMAN).  It takes place in Mexico and involves a young graduate of the Federale police academy, who is sent from Mexico City to a rural posting in a sleepy pueblo.  Things aren't what they seem in the "boring" little village and soon the protagonist is involved in a battle with well armed narcotraficantes.  :)

A serious film, it has none of Cox's usual humor, which often can make one wince.  A modern day Western, masquerading as a police procedural, EL PATRULLERO is highly, highly recommended.   ;)
"I like to remember things my own way...how I remember them, not necessarily the way they happened."
SNAPORAZ!

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

I finished the book a couple of weeks ago. I love it.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 34 queries.