• 08 Aug 2020 - 08:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Delitto al circolo del tennis / The Rage Within (Franco Rossetti ,1969)  (Read 16195 times)

Stephen Grimes

Has anyone got the complete Spanish vhs runtime of this stylish thriller?
Recently got a nice looking lbx Italian language copy (runtime-1.31:47) that i'm almost sure is from the above tape with the Italian track dubbed over,features English opening/closing credits with the Videotechnics logo.

The Rage Within-Intramovies

Edit.Opening titles from the Spanish language vhs.

Stephen Grimes

Thank you Jose. ;)
Looks like the copy i've got did come from that same vhs,love to know where the Italian track was sourced from though.

Rogerio Ferraz

Never watched it, would love to though - sounds like a great one! ;)

love to know where the Italian track was sourced from though.

The italian audio is probably sourced from the csc print that was screened in Trevi a while ago. Just a guess of course... :D

Stephen Grimes

The italian audio is probably sourced from the csc print that was screened in Trevi a while ago.
I'm starting to think this might be the case,you can defintely hear background noise and talking in a couple of places so i can only assume someone made the recording during the actual screening using some sort of portable audio recorder.

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato

you can defintely hear background noise and talking in a couple of places so i can only assume someone made the recording during the actual screening using some sort of portable audio recorder.

That's hilarious. And genius!
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

Stephen Grimes

Whilst browsing through the excellent Temple of Schlock blog earlier i was surprised to find out that this also had a US cinema release and was distributed by none other than Jerry Gross/Cinemation Industries.

quidtum

• One Just Man

I watched this stylish giallo yesterday evening, another Storaro's masterpiece  8)

All of you are perfectly right about the source (the longer Spanish print, Luca Rea wrote hot sex scenes are shorter on the Italian print and infact Spanish audio pops up during these scenes; the typical Italian ;D trick of using a recorded audio taken from that screening of the shorter CSC print, you can actually hear people talking and doors closing on the background, especially at the end of the movie, a thing that forced who superimposed and muxed the Italian soundtrack over the Spanish one to mute the audio sometimes  :-\  ), but, Stephen, I assume we've got the same DVD-R (my screens are taken from a rip with cropping and some editing I made): don't you think it might be a kind of composite? This is visible especially at the beginning, take a closer look at the following screens

Some clues for my guess: both presents (English) and presenta (Italian) visible on the screen, note that audio is going low at this point, the English title, etc., and from the last screen on that VT logo disappears.

Stephen Grimes

but, Stephen, I assume we've got the same DVD-R (my screens are taken from a rip with cropping and some editing I made): don't you think it might be a kind of composite? This is visible especially at the beginning, take a closer look at the following screens

Some clues for my guess: both presents (English) and presenta (Italian) visible on the screen, note that audio is going low at this point, the English title, etc., and from the last screen on that VT logo disappears.

No,the Italian mux/fandub is exactly the same in content as the Spanish vhs.I now have both copies and the opening titles are exactly the same.I also noticed the Italian fandub is of a much lower quality when compared to the original VT tape as it has compression and pixelation in places.It appears whoever did it used a nth gen copy as a master.

quidtum

• One Just Man

And what about the runtime reported in this doc The Rage Within-Intramovies, is that English print actually longer or is a datum to check out? Also the end reported on synopsis doesn't match our version, [spoiler]a dead cannot put his hand on a glass window for sure[/spoiler]  :-\

Mario

In this case presenta is Spanish and is something VT use to do: pop up their own credits!!! This is "VideoTechnics + presenta + Original onscreen title"

quidtum

• One Just Man

Probably some questions were clarified in the first "Misteri d'Italia" dossier by Nocturno (N.#47).
Here're another nice posters, the Polish one is simply fantastic  8)

Stephen Grimes

Probably some questions were clarified in the first "Misteri d'Italia" dossier by Nocturno (N.#47).

Scanned the review here,click on image to enlarge.

quidtum

• One Just Man

Thanks a lot Stephen, very nice of you  :P
Rea's review doesn't clarify the questions I raised. I totally agree with him when he wrote: "The director has no ideas about the direction to follow and finally it's Storaro who makes the movie, covering (literally) everything by his aesthetics, thanks to a very refined and undoubtedly fascinating photography, with backlight compositions, frames conceived as canvases, recurrent back screens, etc." Btw, recently I also watched the superb Writing with Light: Vittorio Storaro by David Thompson for the BBC's Omnibus series.
Who is the author of the doc The Rage Within-Intramovies? From which book that excerpt is taken? Is he reliable?

quidtum

• One Just Man

Well, the movie has really nothing to do with the original short story by Alberto Moravia, apart from the title obviously. I read it quickly yesterday on my Moravia's anthology issued by Bompiani.
At this point it'd be useful to watch the Italian print because I could hear clearly [spoiler]a gun shot[/spoiler] at the end of my Spanish VHS transfer with the Italian audio track muxed over.
Can you hear [spoiler]a gun shot[/spoiler] in your 1st generation Spanish language only VHS transfer too or not?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 36 queries.