• 17 Nov 2017 - 16:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Most Beautiful Wife / La Moglie più bella (Damiano Damiani, 1970)  (Read 5182 times)

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

I keep meaning to buy this, as I'm sure the NoShame disc will be out of print soon. Anyone care to post their thoughts on the movie?
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Stephen Grimes

Fantastic mafia drama based on the true story of Franca Villa who was kidnapped and raped by a local mafiosa in Sicily because she rejected him,she had him arrested and thrown in prison which was unheard of back then and became the symbol/figure of the Italian woman's rights movement.
The film has a great cast including Ornella Muti as the young peasant girl and Alessio Orano (Killer Must Kill Again) as the petty hoodlum,also stars the great Tano Cimarosa from countless Italian classics.Great storyline and locations and a wonderful Morricone score make this my favorite Damiani film by a mile,highly recommended.

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

Cheers for the info, Stephen - I shall be ordering mine RIGHT NOW!
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Stephen Grimes

There's also a 45 minute documentary included which includes interviews with Damiani,Alessio Orano,Antonio Siciliano and other members of the crew,really interesting stuff and some great stories about the shoot in Sicily and the production side of things.Sadly no sign of Ornella Muti(who btw was married to Alessio Orano),would have loved to hear about how she coped on the set of a film like this as a teenager.

Stephen Grimes

Pictures from the 20 page Japanese program.

Stephen Grimes

Mart85

Wow.  Thanks for posting Stephen.  ::)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Nice pics Stephen ::)

That reminds me, still never seen this film, i've got a noshame dvd sitting there still sealed for god knows how long that i haven't watched.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Stephen Grimes

That reminds me, still never seen this film, i've got a noshame dvd sitting there still sealed for god knows how long that i haven't watched.
You need to watch it mate,i think you'll enjoy it.Defo my favorite Damiani film of the lot.

the blob

• Violent Professional

Blu-Ray from Twilight Time in August. That came out of nowhere...

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Blu-Ray from Twilight Time in August. That came out of nowhere...

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Russell22

• Special Cop In Action

Cool. I've seen many of Damiani's films, but have never got around to seeing this one. Might check out the blu now instead.  ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 19 queries.