• 27 Jan 2021 - 03:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Public Information Films  (Read 1745 times)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Public Information Films
« on: 06 Apr 2009 - 08:44 »

Part of growing up in 70's Britain was seeing these short films on TV or on occasion screened at school by the Police or some other respectable member of society on a 16mm projector set up in the school assembly hall. I vividly remember watching a short film at primary school about the dangers of pratting about on buses, some kids in the film pressed the bell to many times which distracted the driver causing him to crash the bus. The resulting chaos produced broken legs and gory open wounds making a couple of girls in the audience start to cry. The teachers who were watching with us did their best to comfort the upset children but still made them watch to the end. We must have been about 7 or 8 years old at the time. Happy days.

Couldn't find the bus one from my youth but did manage to get one about the dangers of playing on train tracks. I uploaded it to youtube in 2 parts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej8TcZCgjCE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90AjMXpD5Hs

Anyone else remember these films? Feel free to post some more clips if you find them

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
Re: Public Information Films
« Reply #1 on: 06 Apr 2009 - 08:55 »

There's a great collection of them on two volumes of DVDs from Network called 'CHARLEY SAYS'. Perfect viewing for when you're 'chemically altered'.

Charley Says vols 1&2 - Amazon.co.uk
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.