It's been a while but here's our latest competition. The good folks at Momentum have a box set of COLD PREY 1 & 2 (Due out in the shops on April 27th) up for grabs, all you have to do is answer the questions at the bottom of this page...
Hailed as “one of the most terrifying examples of the genre in a long time” (Dreamwatch) and a film that “orchestrates its scares with brute effectiveness” (Variety), COLD PREY takes the tried and trusted template laid down by the late 1970s/early 1980s slasher movies and drags it kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
Five young snowboarders find their idyllic, backcountry expedition in the southern Norwegian mountains cut short when one of them has a serious accident forcing the group to take overnight refuge in a remote, abandoned ski lodge. But the cavernous building holds a long-buried secret that is about to reveal itself. Realising they are not alone, the five friends must endure a long, dark night fighting for survival against an unknown terror.
Picking up the story immediately following the events and chilling finale of the first film, COLD PREY 2 ups the ante and piles on the shocks even more impressively and powerfully than its prequel.
A lone survivor from the previous night’s slayings is discovered covered with blood and carrying a pickaxe while wandering a desolate, snow-covered mountain road and is taken to a nearby hospital for observation and treatment. As the authorities head into the mountains to investigate the survivor’s story, the hospital staff members and their patients quickly learn the shocking truth for themselves as the institution’s wards and corridors become the new hunting ground for an unexpected killer.
COLD PREY 2 director Mats Stenberg seamlessly continues the story – both narratively and stylistically – set up by Roar Uthaug in COLD PREY to the point where the two productions actually play as one two-part movie.
The COLD PREY BOX SET (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£17.99) by Momentum Pictures on 27th April 2009.
COLD PREY (Fritt Vilt)
COLD PREY: RESURRECTION (Fritt Vilt 2) Potential spoilers in this trailer if you haven't seen the first film.
Answers to these must be sent to me via PM with a post in this thread at the same time to confirm your answers have been sent.Which films are these?1. US/Swedish co-production that centres on an axe-murderer who escapes from a mental institution.
2. Horror/comedy in which teenagers of a small Swedish town become bloodthirsty vampires after they're given a vaccination against party drugs?
3. Dark Danish thriller in which a man becomes violent towards his girlfriend when he discovers she is carrying his child.
4. Thrilling Swedish detective movie in which an highly respected police inspector is called in to unravel the mystery surrounding a murdered young girl. Later remade in America.
5. Danish haunted hospital horror. Inspired by The Shining but later an influence on Stephen King.
6. Haunted hospitals again. This time, we're in Finland and Eurovision rockers Lordi are just some of the strange characters who orbit it.
Compo closes Friday 17th April