• 02 Dec 2020 - 08:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cine-Excess III  (Read 2887 times)

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
Cine-Excess III
« on: 25 Apr 2009 - 10:16 »

Heads up to all you London based peeps. Dario Argento and Claudio Simonetti are to appear at Cine-Excess III next week.

"Cine-Excess III is delighted to confirm that Italy’s iconic horror legend Dario Argento (Director of Deep Red, Suspiria, Tenebrae, Opera and Sleepless) and his long-time composer Claudio Simonetti (of rock-supergroup ‘Goblin’ fame) have just been confirmed as this year’s Guests of Honour. Argento and Simonetti will receive Cine-Excess Lifetime Achievement Awards for their work on the groundbreaking supernatural thriller Suspiria (1977) at a special ceremony/on-stage panel discussion at the Odeon Covent Garden on Friday 1st May at 4pm.

Suspiria will then be re-released in a Platinum Edition DVD version on the new Nouveaux Pictures-Cine-Excess label in July 2009 (see news page for further details).

The Curzon has also announced a special screening of Suspiria, newly restored and looking better than ever, introduced by director Dario Argento and composer Claudi Simonetti (“Goblin”) to take place at 11.30pm on Saturday 2 May. For details contact 0871 703 3988."

Website here :- http://www.cine-excess.co.uk/
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
Re: Cine-Excess III
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2009 - 10:23 »

http://www.cine-excess.co.uk/booking.html

"Delegate Rates for 2009 are:

* Three days (£160)
      Includes free entry to all designated Odeon Covent Garden Cine-Excess screenings and lunch for Thursday and Friday.
    * Three days student (£90)
      Includes free entry to all designated Odeon Covent Garden Cine-Excess screenings and lunch for Thursday and Friday.
    * Single days (£80)
      Includes free entry to all designated Odeon Covent Garden Cine-Excess screenings on day of booking and lunch (if booking is Thursday and Friday)
    * Single days student (£50)
      Includes free entry to all designated Odeon Covent Garden Cine-Excess screenings and lunch (if booking is Thursday and Friday)

For those patrons wishing to attend the Cine-Excess screenings at the Covent Garden, the prices are £10.50 and £6 concessions"

I can't figure out how much it would cost if you just wanted to go to the Argento / Simonetti panel from the above quoted prices. Would you have to buy a day pass just to attend that one panel/discussion event? Or is it classed as a screening?

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2009 - 10:33 »

Fuck knows. I found their website quite hard to read to be honest.

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2009 - 10:46 »

I can't figure out how much it would cost if you just wanted to go to the Argento / Simonetti panel from the above quoted prices. Would you have to buy a day pass just to attend that one panel/discussion event? Or is it classed as a screening?

That's what i want to know, last time Argento was about Paul got me something signed as i was working and couldn't get the time off.

I've just ordered BIRD WITH A CRYSTAL PLUMAGE blu-ray from movietyme with the exta £1 for guaranteed 3 day delivery to make sure i get it in time.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2009 - 10:47 »

I might go there one day in the week to see what i can find out in person.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #5 on: 25 Apr 2009 - 11:07 »

That's what i want to know, last time Argento was about Paul got me something signed as i was working and couldn't get the time off.

I've just ordered BIRD WITH A CRYSTAL PLUMAGE blu-ray from movietyme with the exta £1 for guaranteed 3 day delivery to make sure i get it in time.

Obviously I can't make it but if you are going let me know will you?

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #6 on: 25 Apr 2009 - 11:09 »

Obviously I can't make it but if you are going let me know will you?
I want to go, just need to find out more about it, i phoned Paul to see if he wants to go but got no answer so i'll probably hear from him later.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #7 on: 30 Apr 2009 - 13:43 »

To celebrate the 29th June DVD release of The House By The Cemetery - fully uncut for the first time ever - Arrow Video have teamed up with Cine Excess III to bring Fulci's classic shocker onto the big screen for a one-off outing for the first time in London since the days of rental video tapes!

The House By The Cemetery is showing at the Curzon Soho on Friday 1st May at 9.15.

http://www.curzoncinemas.com/venues/curzon_soho/

The Curzon are pleased to be able to offer members of lovelockandload a £3.00 discount off the standard ticket price of £12.00. To take up this offer, please quote “CINE EXCESS” when booking over the phone on 0871 7033988.

In addition to that anyone going to then screening will get an all-new A2 poster of the all-new artwork for The House By The Cemetery.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2009 - 07:17 »

So, did anybody go to this?

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #9 on: 10 May 2009 - 07:52 »

I was away that weekend. Aarron was going to go but didn't bother.

I don't know if anyone else did.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.