• 08 Dec 2019 - 23:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Blood and Black Lace (Mario Bava, 1964)  (Read 24370 times)

bdc

Re: Blood and Black Lace (Mario Bava, 1964)
« Reply #30 on: 08 Oct 2010 - 17:34 »

It's available to order at OMG:
Blood and Black Lace - Hardbox Series OMG Entertainment
A bit more expensive than DTM but their shipping is cheaper and they're a lot faster.

Now in stock...only 3 left. :D

2 left  ;D

1 left   :-\

Johnny66

• Almost Human
« Reply #31 on: 10 Oct 2010 - 23:15 »

A bit more expensive than DTM but their shipping is cheaper and they're a lot faster.

2 left  ;D

None left.  ::)

gnorthcott

« Reply #32 on: 11 Oct 2010 - 09:38 »

Recieved this through the post the other day.Nice little package,doesnt have all the extras of the old special edition,but for my money still the best presentation of the film to date,will probably hang on to my vci 2discer for the commentary etc.
Does anybody know if the other discs in the anolis hardbox series have hidden english options,if my memory serves me right two of them are 'the last round' and the other is 'gangster academy'.
I have the noshame disc of 'last round' but would love an english friendly disc of the other :)
Also does anybody know where the artwork for this hardbox originated from,im assuming it was german poster art but i have never seen it before and so was curious.
extras include english and german trailers,image gallery with plenty of lobby cards,posters,stills etc all accompinied by the title music.Im assuming that these extras were on the original anolis dvd and subsequent ems dvd but i would still recommend this disc

bdc

« Reply #33 on: 11 Oct 2010 - 17:38 »

It's the same artwork of the old German sell-through tape.
Don't really know where it's from?

This is the German poster

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #34 on: 11 Oct 2010 - 17:53 »

Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

Johnny66

• Almost Human
« Reply #36 on: 11 Oct 2010 - 23:04 »

2 left  ;D

None left.  ::)

:D

:-*

:-\

But here's a question: can anyone definitively tell me if the dialogue in Blood and Black Lace was spoken in English or Italian? People in the know (i.e those who own the Tim Lucas Bava book - which will hopefully be me come Christmas!) have told me that most of the actors were performing in English, yet when I select the Italian track I seem to feel it's a better 'match' to mouth movements. Odd.

Anyone?

bdc

« Reply #37 on: 12 Oct 2010 - 18:13 »

I thought some were speaking Italian and some German?
But I could be wrong...  :D

Johan Melle

• Violent Professional
    • Euro Fever
« Reply #38 on: 19 Oct 2010 - 16:15 »

There are actually two English language versions of this film. The original one was recorded in Rome for an export version under the title SIX WOMEN FOR THE MURDERER (a direct translation of the Italian title). Mary Arden remembers dubbing her own voice for this version and I think Cameron Mitchell did so as well but I can't remember for sure.

Then there's the US dub, which the American distributors ordered to be done in the US. Very often, distributors simply went ahead and used the dub track prepared in Rome but when (for whatever reason) they found the dub to not be good enough, they recorded an all-new one. This happened with several film, including Bava's earlier BLACK SUNDAY (1960). There are also some films that were only partially re-recorded for their US versions. One example of that would be MILL OF THE STONE WOMEN (1960), where the voice of the professor was entirely re-dubbed for the US version while the rest of the voices from the original export dub were kept.

Anyway, the US dub of BLOOD AND BLACK LACE is the one present on all the English-friendly DVDs of this film. I haven't seen it in ages but from what I can remember, it significantly changes some of the dialogue, and I'm guessing that is why it doesn't sync up that well with the lip movements. I'd love to see the film with the original English track done in Rome (which is probably more faithful to the Italian dialogue) but, sadly, it appears to be lost. At least it hasn't turned up anywhere that I'm aware of. I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

Johnny66

• Almost Human
« Reply #39 on: 20 Oct 2010 - 02:35 »

Thank you very much for that highly informative reply, Johan. ;)

I too would love to hear the earlier English track recorded in Rome - does anyone know if Tim Lucas mentions this track in the Bava book?

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #40 on: 20 Oct 2010 - 07:50 »

Thank you very much for that highly informative reply, Johan. ;)

I too would love to hear the earlier English track recorded in Rome - does anyone know if Tim Lucas mentions this track in the Bava book?

I believe Mel Welles directed the original English dubbing.

Johnny66

• Almost Human
« Reply #41 on: 22 Oct 2010 - 07:44 »

I believe Mel Welles directed the original English dubbing.

Interesting. Thanks for that.

bdc

« Reply #42 on: 14 Nov 2010 - 10:23 »

A bit surprised that there is no more interest in this one?
Has Bava gone out of fashion lately or will everyone just wait till it's oop?  :D

Any comments from people who have received theirs?

Personally,I'm happy with it. ::)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #43 on: 14 Nov 2010 - 10:45 »

Has Bava gone out of fashion lately or will everyone just wait till it's oop?  :D

Are you wanting to talk about the recent DVD and it's availability at OMG or the film itself?

Personally I'm happy with the VCI DVD I've had for the last 6 or 7 years. Great film though I'd imagine the next time I spend any money on it will be a Blu-ray release.
Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures
« Reply #44 on: 14 Nov 2010 - 10:56 »

I've got the original VCI and the horrid 2 disc upgrade as well as the original Buio Omega German edition.

The VCI disc's visual quality hasn't held up well but it was the best at the time (sourced from an unsubtitled version of the SBS master; the previous editions in the US were the 16mm-sourced laserdisc, the Sinister Cinema tape [a composite of 16mm prints], Japanese LD-sourced bootlegs, and the dark Media Home Entertainment cassette).  It is still a nice package with the commentary, English, French and Italian tracks and English subtitles, interview, and other extras.

Are you wanting to talk about the recent DVD and it's availability at OMG or the film itself?

Personally I'm happy with the VCI DVD I've had for the last 6 or 7 years. Great film though I'd imagine the next time I spend any money on it will be a Blu-ray release.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 34 queries.