• 06 Dec 2019 - 12:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blood and Black Lace (Mario Bava, 1964)  (Read 24316 times)

JAMIOUSE

• Special Cop In Action
Re: Blood and Black Lace (Mario Bava, 1964)
« Reply #90 on: 09 Apr 2015 - 09:14 »

I watched the blu last night and despite the fact Tanzi will call me a fanboy for it Arrows release is fucking fantastic. I never thought I'd see Blood and Black Lace looking so vibrant and clear, it is an amazing restoration. It's a revelation in reality.

djvaso

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #91 on: 09 Apr 2015 - 11:08 »

I think that something is wrong about aspect ratio at Arrow release:
Anolis DVD:

Arrow Blu-ray

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #92 on: 09 Apr 2015 - 12:44 »

I watched the blu last night and despite the fact Tanzi will call me a fanboy for it Arrows release is fucking fantastic. I never thought I'd see Blood and Black Lace looking so vibrant and clear, it is an amazing restoration. It's a revelation in reality.
I actually wouldn't have said shit but as you've made that comment I will.

If you're not a fanboy how come 99% of your posts are always about Arrow, Shameless and 88? I hardly see you talk about things on other labels (and notice I said "hardly" before you pipe up about the rare times you have), you never say anything about Camera Obscura, Subkultr or the like.

Whenever I see any mention of something coming out on any of these label I think to myself "I bet Jamiemouse will suddenly appear" harping on about them and letting everyone know. And nine times out of ten I'm right.

Tell you what, let's ignore what each other says on here and not converse with each other eh? I'd call you a cunt but if I did you'd only go snivelling to Jonny.

So we'll leave it there, I'm prepared not to converse with you any more, unless of course you want to say something, but if you do, you will be the one escalating it.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

JAMIOUSE

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #93 on: 09 Apr 2015 - 13:26 »

I actually wouldn't have said shit but as you've made that comment I will.

If you're not a fanboy how come 99% of your posts are always about Arrow, Shameless and the 88? I hardly see you talk about thinks on other labels (and notice I said "hardly" before you pipe up about the rare times you have)

Whenever I see any mention of something coming out on any of these label I think to myself "I bet Jamiemouse will suddenly appear" harping on about them and letting everyone know. And nine times out of ten I'm right.

Tell you what, let's ignore what each other says on here and not converse with each other eh? I'd call you a cunt but if I did you'd only go snivelling to Jonny.

So we'll leave it there, I'm prepared not to converse with you any more, unless of course you want to say something, but if you do, you will be the one escalating it.

At what point at what time have I ever said anything to offend you Tanzi or inccur your wraith like I constantly seem to do? We may have posted a few comments in the same thread at some point, at no time though have I ever attacked you personally or your comments. In some cases I agree with your comments, in other cases I don't.  Am I not allowed to voice my opinions or excitement at a release regardless of which company is releasing it? If I consider a release is total crap I will say so, I just don't crap on an entire label because they messed up a release three years ago. Most of my posts are about Arrow, Shameless, 88 and Camera Obscura because I buy a fair amount of their releases, unlike when I was collecting DVD's I've decided to region lock myself so I don't spend money I really can't afford on blu's. Having made myself bankrupt I have a great DVD collection but not much else to show for it.

We don't have to corespond with each other Tanzi and in fact we never directly have, so honestly where your beef with me comes from I don't know. Did I piss you off on Cult Labs or something?

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #94 on: 09 Apr 2015 - 14:16 »

Constantly seem to do?

I've not bothered to reply or comment to any of your posts for a very long time as I simply can't be bothered

You're the one who piped up saying I'll call you a fanboy, like I said, I wouldn't have shit, but you felt you had to get the sly dig in.

And there's more to my dislike of Arrow that them "messing up a release" three years ago. Can't be bothered to go into all that carry on again. And if that was the case because they "messed up a release three years ago" I wouldn't buy anything from any of them as nearly all companies fuck things up sometimes.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #95 on: 09 Apr 2015 - 15:31 »

Jamiouse, you were onto a hiding to nothing by mentioning Aarron in the first place. Don't make things any worse for your self and leave it.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

fenriz

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #96 on: 09 Apr 2015 - 15:51 »

Thx for the caps DJ, this is clearly cropped for me !

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #97 on: 09 Apr 2015 - 16:22 »

It is cropped. Correctly cropped.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook          Twitter        Google+
Letterboxd

DjangoLi

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #98 on: 09 Apr 2015 - 17:37 »

It is cropped. Correctly cropped.

Out of complete and utter boredom I've followed this 'cropped' discussion here and on other boards... yes, am I bored to tears.

Is it correct? Nobody really knows, that's the bottom line because Bava's dead and only he'd know for sure - everything else is pure speculation.

Roll on the 'next' release which has all the colours looking sparkling and new (just like this new release) but a little more information on the screen on the top, bottom, and sides.

Is anybody noticing a pattern here? You know, one that's been going on for years and years with Eurocult releases...

No, okay, I'll move on and go back to watching paint dry.
"88Films tend to do what psychotics do,they confuse reality with illusion" David Cronenberg

Paul

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #99 on: 09 Apr 2015 - 18:29 »

Ha. Agreed.

The people kicking off couldn't give a fuck about these films for the most part, just knitpick technical minutia because they know fuck all about the actual movies, mate.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Russell22

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #100 on: 10 Apr 2015 - 12:00 »

Shit....Aarron went on the rampage and I missed it...oh well the aftermath will have to suffice  :) ::)

Koukol

• Anonymous Avenger
« Reply #101 on: 17 Apr 2015 - 00:48 »

Ha. Agreed.

The people kicking off couldn't give a fuck about these films for the most part, just knitpick technical minutia because they know fuck all about the actual movies, mate.

Well I guess I'm one of those "cunts" you're referring to as I DARE criticize this release.
If you think I'm not a Bava fan and know nothing about his work you're dead wrong.
I want to own a perfect copy of this film because his films mean a lot to me.

Unlike others it's not the framing that bothers me the most... it's the inconsistent color.
I discovered the pink hue is not as bad as my laptop makes it look but the pink bias comes and goes on my THX Calibrated TV.
And if you think color isn't important in a Bava film then you'd be dead wrong.

While this is the best release of BLOOD AND BLACK LACE BY FAR like SUSPIRIA so far there's still a little room for improvement.

I believe one can be appreciative and critical at the same time in this situation.

I'll treasure this release until a better one comes along.

Edit~ Now that I see the cropped cop above the framing pisses me off too.

g053584398

• Almost Human
« Reply #102 on: 24 May 2015 - 18:27 »

I suppose that a lot of stuff has been written about the Arrow release by now, but to my eyes the framing is inaccurate. The framing of the Anolis DVD looks far more well composed and natural.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 34 queries.