• 19 Jan 2021 - 18:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My holiday in Rome  (Read 5559 times)

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
My holiday in Rome
« on: 09 May 2009 - 19:57 »

I am back to Paris from 5 days of literal heaven. Seriously! I never thought Rome was such a beautiful place with so many quirky things about it. I thought Paris was quirky enough, but it just doesn't compare!

Anyway, here's a little description. I visited most of the main touristy places (all by foot may i add, we never once took a taxi, metro, bus! Impossible to do that in Paris! Although my legs are really sore!), ate the best ice cream, pizza, pasta, and drank the best coffee (we had a guide book that told us where to go for the best). I also spent a mini-fortune! Check out what i picked up (the photo doesn't include 2 Tomas Milian posters, an Argento t-shirt, mug, etc..!). Basically I went through every DVD stand i saw looking for films with English (not so easy). I'm an amateur when it comes to Italian crime so I was grabbing anything with Squadra, Roma, etc in the title! lol! I ended up with two copies of a Tomas Milian film without realising it until i took the photo (Squadra antiscippo)! I found a great store near the Pizzeria Da Baffetto I went to. It was funny, I had one too many beers there, went out with my girlfriend and spotted the movie store (it was around 10 in the evening!!). I said 'ok let me look' and was in there for 45 minutes! I bought the Tomas Milian poster and had the guys finding any crime/gialli in English for me. I ended up spending 80€ and when we left my girlfriend said that the owners had huge grins on their faces!! Go figure, I’m sure they don't get 80€ sales at 10.45pm often!!

I also went in the HMV style shop that Jonny mentioned. Great, not expensive, however most of the DVDs there are Italiano only! I still ended up getting around 5 DVDs including a few horrors. I also got a great mini poster of Squadra Antimafia with Tomas for 4€!! My girlfriend knew it was "my moment" in these type of stores so when i went hunting for great DVDs she went hunting for CDs for me! She came to me after 30 minutes with a pile of Dario Argento soundtracks, Goblin, and horror. However for 17€ a piece I didn't take them!
I also went to a smaller HMV style store near Piazza Argentina. I went through the entire Italian cinema section. Great box sets of crime but I couldn't determine if they had English or not, so didn't get them.

I also picked up Emergency Squad for €7 at a news stand!! It was grimy and obviously had been sitting there for years, it was wrapped in plastic so i was chuffed though!

My highlight was of course Profondo Rosso! Mr. Cozzi was working and was great, really nice guy. I spent 100€ in 5 minutes lol. The museum was cool and he also signed my UK disk of Contamination. Check out the photos. Of course I had to wear my lovelockload shirt! We talked a little about his films and Argento. Even my girlfriend liked the place!  ;D

And finally, when I was in the Roma airport coming back to Paris I had to go through security a 2nd time due to the airport bar past customs not taking bank card for food! I went to the ATM to get money and returned to go through security and join my girlfriend. A woman there saw me, ushered me through the security thing that beeps, and then said "Profondo Rosso, super, Dario Argento". I was a little confused and then realised i was wearing a t-shirt I bought at the PR store. She started to hum the children's lullaby! And her colleague saw it and said something like "fantastico!!" Hahaha, brilliant!!

Well ok, as you can see i loved it there and would go back in a second!! Enjoy the pics!
Dig that groove baby.

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
Re: My holiday in Rome
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2009 - 20:04 »

Sounds like you had lots of fun. I haven't been to Italy for over 20 years but hopefully I'll be going sometime soon.  ::)
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2009 - 20:06 »

Dig that groove baby.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2009 - 20:19 »

Excellent! Glad you had a good time broonage!

Though I can't see how anyone wouldn't have a good time in Rome, it's a wonderful place to visit.

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2009 - 20:21 »

Dig that groove baby.

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #5 on: 09 May 2009 - 20:24 »

Dig that groove baby.

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #6 on: 09 May 2009 - 20:28 »

Yup, I had a wonderful time! Can't wait to go again!  :P

I'm off to watch one of the films i bought and drink one of the Italian beers i smuggled over.
Dig that groove baby.

drmiaow

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #7 on: 09 May 2009 - 20:36 »

Great photos and a great piece. I've never been to Rome: maybe it's time I went.

bdc

« Reply #8 on: 09 May 2009 - 22:08 »

Getting the urge to get on a plane!  :D

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #9 on: 10 May 2009 - 06:12 »

Great pics and haul you've got there, Broonage.

Rome is a fabulous city - I absolutely adored it too. I love Italy and would spend every holiday I have there if I had the chance - I've only been to Rome and Venice but the country's so diverse from region to region, that you'd never get bored going there, I reckon.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2009 - 15:38 »

Totally agree with you Paul!

I'm already in the midst to convince the girlfriend to go again for our next holiday! lol
Dig that groove baby.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #11 on: 10 May 2009 - 19:00 »

Fantastic stuff broonage, i'd love to go to Rome, i've only ever been to Almeria.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #12 on: 11 May 2009 - 11:43 »

Lol...I'm in total Italy mode. Been eating pasta that we smuggled over all weekend.  :P

On a side note, I have an extra copy of Squadra antiscippo if someone wants to do a trade or alike?

::)
Dig that groove baby.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #13 on: 11 May 2009 - 11:51 »

Been eating pasta that we smuggled...

Is pasta considered contraband in France broonage?  :-\

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
« Reply #14 on: 11 May 2009 - 12:01 »

Been eating pasta that we smuggled...

Is pasta considered contraband in France broonage?  :-\

You can just imagine the pompous customs officials frowning upon anyone that eats anything but the finest French cuisine.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.